Twenty-three.

UNEDITED LEAVE COMMENTS

Five weeks later..

Lilith:

"You're still sick?" Kellen asked as he rubbed my back. I doubled over and threw up onto the ground again before groaning as I held my stomach.

"I guess so..I was fine before." I moaned as I rubbed my stomach. After the night Remi and I fought, I haven't seen her since. I knew she was distancing herself because of what I did.

I just don't know what came over me that night. But I do know I'd never do that again. I've never seen Remi so upset before and it scared me.

We would text every once in a while, but she'd stop responding. I wanted nothing more than for her to come back to me but I fucked up. I assumed the worst rather than being patient with her and it set us back.

Not to mention I almost died.

The withdrawal was hell. She had left a basket of medication for me to take on my balcony steps. She turned her location off that same morning, and I knew it was well deserved.

The nausea subsided after about a week, but suddenly came back again a few days ago. It left me feeling weak and without an appetite. I was cramping like a mother fucker.

"Let's just get through this first day. Senior year, right?!" Kellen shouted excitedly before handing me my cup of coffee that made me gag even more.

"Get that away from me." I heaved before covering my mouth and walking away as I shook my head.

Our first day of senior year at our new school went by smoothly. Everyone kept asking me who my moms were and Kellen eventually told them to fuck off when he saw I was becoming aggravated.

Silence isn't a loud answer anymore, clearly.

We were now at the mall getting food, but I moaned and pushed my plate to the side before laying my head down. I felt so sick to my stomach. I knew it was because of stressing over Remi. I just couldn't help but worry.

"Hey."

I jumped and looked up to see Remi smiling down at me, but her face dropped as she analyzed my face that was probably turning green.

"Oh God.." I heaved before running over to the nearest garbage can and emptying my stomach. I felt a warm hand rubbing my back and I groaned, before retching again.

"You okay?" She asked gently, her hand still rubbing up and down my back as I moved away from the smelly garbage can. I shook my head and whimpered as I held my stomach.

"So dizzy." I moaned.

"I think you should go home and lay down." Kellen breathed, Remi humming in agreement.

"I'll give you guys a ride."

"You're by yourself?" I asked quietly. She nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me to her chest and wrapping her arms around me.

I inhaled her fresh scent and felt my body relax immediately, my nausea subsiding. I moaned into her chest, snuggling my face into her warmth.

I felt so complete just being in her arms.

"Let's get you home, baby."

"Where have you been?" I asked her as Kellen left the car. She pulled off and sighed before looking over at me. Her eyes were the clearest they've ever been and it made the butterflies travel around my chest and stomach.

"My parents."

"Really?" I asked. She nodded, her hand resting on my thigh and rubbing circles on my skin as she continued to drive down the road.

"Yeah..we talked..kinda. They asked me how it was on the trip with you, then asked for me to stick around or at least check in every once in a while. I guess they're trying, I don't know..been going to those meetings. I have a one month clean chip." She chuckled. I smiled at her, the tears welling in my eyes as I suddenly felt overwhelmed with emotion.

"That's why you've been staying away?" I sniffed, causing for her to look over in confusion before sighing.

"Sweetheart..I need you to calm down. I am not going anywhere. I've been distant because shits been hot. You nearly died because of me. I needed a minute to get it together."

I nodded and wiped my face before touching my stomach as I groaned. She looked over at me and put the a/c on high after seeing me fan myself.

"How long have you been feeling like this?" She asked, concern laced deep in her voice. I shrugged and exhaled a breath.

"Last two weeks."

Remi swallowed hard and I looked over to see her staring out of the windshield while deep in thought. Her fingers were bouncing against my thigh, a tendency she had for when she was nervous.

"What is it?" I asked. She shook her head, her brows furrowed as she sped down the road before taking an unfamiliar turn. She drove through the small town and stopped in front of a Walgreens before shutting off the car and looking over at me.

"Stay here." She whispered before swiftly getting out of the car and slamming the door shut so hard that it shook the entire car. She walked into the Walgreens, pulling up her pants in an aggravated motion.

Someone got their period..I think..

"Wait.." I whispered as my thoughts churned.

I swallowed hard and watched as Remi stormed out the Walgreens with a bag in her hand and got into the car before slamming it shut and laying her head on the steering wheel. Her breathing was erratic and she growled before punching the wheel.

"Fuck!" She yelled. I looked at her with tears in my eyes as she looked over at me with a look of sorrow on her face.

"Baby.." She started. I looked down at the bag and watched as she pulled out two boxes of pregnancy tests and softly placed them on my lap. The tears streamed down my face and the only thought I had was my mothers emerald green eyes and how devastated she would be if she was to find out that I might be pregnant.

She's going to kill me..both of them..