Six.

Older Stephanie in the MM.

UNEDITED. Y'all are so quiet omg...is the book wack I can delete it lmao lmk 😭 y'all can be honest it's ok.

Lilith:

I stared at my phone in confusion and fear before looking out of the window

"Who is this?" I whispered to myself before texting them the same question I spoke out loud. I had an inclining as to who it was but I didn't want to assume.

Although I was right.

'Don't act like you don't know who this is. - R'

I rolled my eyes before smiling at the fact that she added an R to the end of her text message to admit that it was her. I smiled wider at the fact that she knew that I knew it was her.

'Look at that smile. Let me come in.'

'No. I don't need my parents busting into my room.'

I watched as the bubbles indicating that she was typing popped up but then disappeared. I stared at my phone for a second, before jumping as I heard a small thud against my window and a slight groan. I watched as her legs dangled and I looked in confusion as she jumped down and landed on her top toes before bending down to make sure there was no noise.

She knows what she's doing, clearly.

I watched as she pulled out her phone and typed aggressively before looking up at me. My phone chimed and I looked at the message before face palming myself.

'They're asleep. Open up.'

I sighed and stood up, striding over to my balcony door and opening it, gasping as she closed it and pulled me into a hug.

"Hi."

"Hey." I breathed as I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist. We stayed like this for a second before she pulled away and kicked off her shoes and flopping on the couch in my room.

"I'm hungry." She moaned as she rubbed her stomach before smirking up at me, her eyes blood red and dilated.

"You're high." I scoffed before walking over to my bed and slumping down. I pulled out my phone and opened Instagram but gasped as she grabbed it and tossed it to the floor.

"Yo, stop." I hissed, feeling my face burn as it started to turn red from aggravation.

"No, I want your attention."

"What happened to your girlfriend?"

"Oh please." Remi scoffed before laying down on my bed. I looked over at the door to make sure it was locked and looked back at Remi to see she was snoring softly.

Her eyes were closed, her blonde lashes brushing against her cheek. Her mouth was slightly open, the soft snores coming from in between her lips.

I sighed and slumped down on my bed, praying to God she woke up before my parents. Both my parents wake up at the crack of dawn, having a whole morning routine that they do together. They work-out, shower, have sex (don't ask why I know that), shower again, get ready for work and wake us up for school or to 'not waste the day'.

I felt my eyes drifting closed, trying my best to not fall asleep but falling. I woke up to the sound of paper rusting and soft chewing, the smell of chocolate hitting my nose.

I kept my eyes closed, listening to her ear before standing up and throwing the wrapper in the garbage can. I listened as she slipped her leather jacket on before putting on her shoes and walking toward the balcony door.

I waited for her to open the door but instead heard her walk back to the bed, feeling her breath tickle my skin as she leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you for caring about me." She whispered as she caressed my cheek and walked toward the balcony door, opening it and slipping out before quietly shutting it.

The tears streamed down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut, sniffing lowly. I smiled at the fact that she found my stash of candy, before sniffing again.

I prayed for her, hoping that she came back every night to show me she was still here. I wanted nothing more than for her to be safe.

I fell asleep to the memory of her soft breathing as she slept, dreaming about her silver-blue eyes and cheesy smile.

"You okay?" Mama asked as I sat on the couch between her and mommy. I nodded and looked at the show that they were watching, rolling my eyes at the HGTV.

"You guys are so corny." I chuckled as I looked at mommy who smiled at me. She had concern in her eyes and my face dropped, praying to God it wasn't because of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, baby. Go upstairs while I speak to mommy, okay?"

"Steph, I think we should-"

"No." Mommy interrupted abruptly as she shook her head. I looked at both of them in confusion, watching as mommy sighed and looked up at me with exhaustion.

"Remi is missing. Kathleen said they've been texting and calling her but no response. Do you know anything about this?" Mommy asked. I looked at her with faux concern and shook my head.

"No, you told me to stay away from her. I haven't seen her." I lied, knowing damn well why she hasn't come around. Mommy basically admitted no one wanted to deal with her, including her parents. What she doesn't know is Remi heard her, and now is only showing up in my room every night higher and drunker every night.

Remi's been coming every night for the last three weeks. She still doesn't know that I was awake when she said what she said after kissing my forehead. I try to be nicer to her until she says something that pisses me off.

I rather that than not have her here at all.

"Okay, well they said if she doesn't show up in another week they're filing a police report. She's usually always there sleeping in her childhood bedroom or coming in really late at night and crashing on the couch." Mama breathed as she looked at me. I shrugged and turned around, before walking to my room and taking a deep breath as I closed my bedroom door.

I was surprised Aunt Lina hasn't said anything. The look she gave me during dinner a few weeks ago told me that she knew exactly what was about to happen.

I guess she wanted me to find out for myself.

I sighed and slumped down on my bed, before pulling out my phone and looking at Remi's location. When she was here last night, I demanded her to give me her location so I can know if she was okay or not.

She hesitated at first but then gave it to me, before telling me she wasn't coming over tonight because she was going to a party. I asked her if she goes to a party every night and she laughed before saying 'I have my own party'.

Whatever that meant.