Thirty-One.

Okay yall, the book is coming to an end. This is the second to last chapter of the book besides the epilogue. I know it was so fast. I wrote this book in literally two weeks. I thank you guys for all of your support.

Lilith:

"Let's go." Mommy hissed before getting out of the car. Mama groaned in frustration before hopping out and walking over to Aunt Kathleen and Anna's door. I exhaled and got out the car, slowly walking over to the door and watching as mommy knocked on the door.

The door swung open and there stood Remi with blood shot eyes. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was red indicating that she was crying. Her eyes met mine immediately and she looked away quickly.

"They're inside the den." She whispered as she stepped aside, mommy abruptly walking in with both of us on her tracks.

"Uh uh, go into the den." Mommy stated aggressively to Remi. Remi jumped slightly at her tone and scurried into the den. We walked in behind her to see Kathleen and Anna laying down on the couch, Kathleen's feet on Anna's lap as she rubbed them with her hands.

"So, we need to talk-"

"Holy shit." Kathleen gasped as she held her chest, startled at our presence. Anna's eyes were wide and red, indicating that they were just as surprised as she was.

"Yeah..we do.." Anna sighed as they ran a hand through their hair. I sat down on the chair across from them and exhaled as I held my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Remi asked automatically as she walked over, but stopped in her tracks as Mommy shot her a deadly glare. Remi gulped and sat on the couch next to Anna before looking down at the floor.

"It's good to see you're awake." Kathleen smiled at mommy and mommy shrugged as she looked away, clenching her fists. Mama walked over to the small fridge that sat next to the bar and grabbed a water bottle before walking over and handing it to me.

"Thank you."

We all sat in silence for a second, my parents sitting on the couch next to me as I sipped my water. We all stared at each other for a moment before looking around.

"Well..Remi, do you have anything to say?" Mama asked. Remi sighed and looked at me with tears in her eyes before looking at my parents.

"Your daughter is the most amazing person. She cared for me in a way that saved my life more than you could imagine. If it wasn't for her, who knows where I'd be right now? I love her. So much. And even though things went left, it still doesn't change anything for me. I love her more than anything."

The tears were streaming down my face as I sobbed lowly. Mama rubbed my back and sighed as we heard a sniff come from mommy. I looked over and saw that she had her face covered with her hands and her body was shaking.

"I'm fine." She hissed as she pushed mama away when she walked over and tried to move her hands from her face. Mommy looked at Remi for a second, before looking at me.

"Can I say something?" Kathleen asked as she looked at mommy with an unreadable expression. Mommy nodded as she covered her face with her hand.

"What gave you the impression that we didn't want our child around?"

"Huh?" Mommy asked harshly as she snared. Kathleen nodded and I looked over at Remi who looked away as soon as our eyes met.

"Remi told me she overheard you saying that we didn't want her around and that we only bought her around out of pity." Kathleen stated shakily. I could tell she was trying to stay calm even though she was truly affected by the statement. In a way I was grateful she brought it up because it could give my mom a chance to explain her side.