Chapter Thirty-Seven: Lady's First Christmas [Pt-3]

Start from the beginning

Despite managing to be far ahead of Diesel 10 to the point where he could no longer see her, Lady continued to puff on, feeling frightened and unsure if she was going to survive the chase. She did not have any idea of how to rid herself of that diesel, for she knew he was more determined to destroy her than before. He would not stop chasing her until he had caught her, and Lady did not think she would be able to outpuff him.

As Lady now looked ahead, still puffing as fast as she could, she gasped to see a snowdrift blocking the line she was racing along up ahead. Knowing that she could not let it stop her, Lady now increased her speed, hoping she could bash right through it and carry on chugging away. She ran into it - and she found herself stuck fast. Panicking, Lady tried to puff on, trying to push the snow aside, but her wheels just spun around on the icy rails, not taking her anywhere. She tried to go in reverse, but that didn't work either. She could not get out. She was stuck.

Shivering from both the fear and the coldness of the snow, Lady's eyes widened in fright to hear the sound of Diesel 10's rumbling engine rolling up beside her, letting off a hiss of his brakes as he stopped. She looked up, tremblingly as she saw the evil sneer on his face.

Diesel 10 raised Pinchy, aiming him towards Lady. "Well, well, well. The little magical engine has been stopped by snow, of all things. Looks like you won't be able to escape me now - which is good news for me."

Both Lady and Diesel 10 were unaware that Thomas was now coming up right the evil diesel. His eyes widened when he saw Pinchy right over Lady, seconds away from destroying her, but Thomas immediately picked up speed, angrily charging towards the back of Diesel 10.

"Farewell, puffballs." Diesel 10 chuckled sinisterly, ready to finish what he had started all those years ago.

At that moment, Thomas let off a loud, angry whistle, startling the two, and he bumped fiercely into the back of Diesel 10, much his surprise, sending him into the snow. Thomas pushed him forward a few inches, causing him to shake about, but he did not manage to derail the diesel, as he had hoped to do.

Thomas backed up until he passed a set of points and let to the line on the right. He switched lines, puffed forward and stopped beside Diesel 10, who was now recovering from the shaking. "Come get me, you big, smelly diesel!" He mocked.

Growling, Diesel 10 started to chase Thomas, who had already began to puff away, down the line. "You won't escape me now, little blue puffball!" He vowed, now charging on after Thomas.

"Thomas!" Lady cried with fright, watching with wide, frightened eyes as the engine she loved was chased out of sight by their evil enemy.

At that moment, Percy now came puffing along the line on the right. He spotted Lady stuck in the snowdrift. After racing up towards her, he stopped when he was beside her, looking towards her with worry. "Lady! Are you alright?"

"Percy! Diesel 10 is back!" Lady cried.

"Diesel 10?" Percy squealed in shock, his jaw dropping. "He's back?"

"Yes! He chased me away from the station! I got stuck in this snowdrift, and he almost destroyed me, but Thomas stopped him. Now Diesel 10 is after him!" Lady explained quickly.

"I'll get you out of this snowdrift!" Percy said to her.

"No, Percy!" Lady looked pleadingly at the little green engine with desperation. "Go up the line! Make sure Thomas is okay!"

"Alright! I'll see that he's alright!" Percy frowned in determination.

As Percy started to race up the line, once again, looking ahead for the sight of his best friend being chased by Diesel 10, there was nothing Lady could do except remain stuck in the snowdrift. She was growing colder and more afraid. She did not know whether or not she would never see the engine she loved ever again.