Chapter 3

Once the phone call ended I placed my phone back in my pocket as I struggled to my feet making my way back to the main room once Tom caught sight of me he rushed over to help me stay up not that I wasn't grateful but I hated feeling helpless. He guided me towards the sofa helping me sit down.

"So how did your talk with Lizzie go?" He questions. "It went well, she was worried so I explained everything that happened at the hospital and I invited her out for coffee but I realised I could barely walk so she's coming over for food and coffee" I joke. "Are we invited?" Seb said with a smirk on his face. "Well it's your house I can't kick you out so of course," I explain. "No, no wouldn't want to get in the way me and Tom will go to the gaming room, Come on Tom let's go play PlayStation," he jokes. "Whatever children I'll see you both later," I mock. "Okay let me know if you need anything y/n/n,"Tom offers. "Will do."

Once they finally leave I start to make myself comfortable I put Rick and Morty on the tv while resting on the sofa. I'm brought out of my sleep like state by the knocking on the door I carefully make my over to the door and open it to see a soaked Lizzie on the other side.

"Don't laugh! It raining" she pleads. "don't worry I won't laugh, I have some clothes here if you want to borrow a T-shirt?" I question. "Are you sure?" "Of course I am wouldn't want you getting sick now would i." I admit.

She nods as I step aside allowing her further into the warmth as I close the door behind her I take her coat and hang it on the heater hoping to dry it out. She takes off her shoes placing them on the rack before walking to the sofa. I hop carefully next to her but I think she noticed as she offers a sad smile, she raised her hand allowing her finger to gently brush along the cut on my eyebrow down my nose and to the cut on my lip. I could see the tears forming in her eyes so I pull away before she starts to break down completely.

"I'm so sorry y/n, can you tell me what happened?" She questions shyly playing with the rings on her fingers. "Well a long story short my girlfriend well ex girlfriend... thought I was cheating on her and when I got home she hit me. It's not like it hasn't happened before it's just that this time got out of hand and I ended up in hospital. Well I broke up with her and now I'm living here." I explain as I notice the tears that were previously forming in her eyes started to fall as she pulled me into a tight hug. "It's all my fault she wouldn't of thought you was cheating on her if I didn't open my mouth." She admits tearfully. "Hey, hey listen to me she is a monster, she is a horrible human being she doesn't care who she hurts as long as it benefits her this was her fault and her fault alone; like I said it's happened before. I'm just so glad I finally realised I'm so much better then that and now I'm here surrounded by my family and friends I'm just glad she's out of my life. Now don't blame your self and stop crying; you're too pretty to cry" I joke hoping to make her smile. Thankfully a smile tugs at her lips as she wipes the tears off of her cheek.

————————————————————

It had been 30 minutes since the tearful encounter, I had given her a long sleeved black T-shirt to put on as her other dried. we finished the episode of Rick and Morty I was preciously watching as we ordered food; we decided on pizza I got pepperoni and Lizzie got ham and pineapple it's a crime but I'll allow it. We ordered coffee from Starbucks all we have to do is wait.

"What did you want to watch?" I question. " I have an idea." She admits with a smirk on her face. She took the remote out of my hand turning to Disney plus I saw her scroll to the marvel section and my heart sank; I hate watching films with my brother in it makes me internally cringe I'm proud of him of course I am it's just weird seeing him like that especially since everyone simps over him. I remember so many incidents where people have asked him to choke them while we've been out shopping like what has to be wrong with you to want to be choked out in target some weird individuals Ill tell you that. Thankfully she scrolled past the avengers all the way to the start. "We're going to start watching all of the marvel films in chronological order, so that means we're starting with captain America the first avenger, your brothers in this film right? She questions. I cringe before answering. "Yes thankfully very little screen time" I joke. " do you not like his acting?" "He's an amazing actor I just hate watching him it's weird seeing him in real life and seeing him on screen if you know what I mean?" " yeah I get you, we can watch something else if you want?" " no this is fine honestly" I admit taking the control out of her hand finally playing the film.

About 30 minutes in the food arrived, I didn't think anyone could be attractive while eating pizza. Through out the film we kept sliding closer and closer together once the film finished Lizzie had her head lay on my shoulder. I couldn't help but think back to before when she would laugh at my cringing or nudge me to look at the screen when I would look away. I know I've only just met her but everything about her makes we want to know her and everything about her. Her cute little snores bring me out of my thoughts as my eyes get heavy I rest my head on top of her before placing my arm around her shoulder allowing her head to fall to my chest I close my eyes and feel my self drift off.

————————————————————
Tom Pov

The time was now 9pm, the noise from the film had come to a stop so I figured Lizzie must of went home and y/n had fallen asleep, I wouldn't blame her I mean she's gone through so much in the last 24 hours I just wish I would've called the police the first time Chloe hit her it was Christmas 2016. Y/n had invited me and Chloe to the family dinner and I knew her family liked me but I didn't expect her dad to say the things he did. "So y/n when are you and Tom finally going to get together" I mean he clearly knew she was lesbian and her girlfriend was sat next to her but it still didn't stop him from saying those words the frustration on Chloe faces was evident as was the worry on y/n's.

I remember it being 3am when y/n called me to come and pick her up Chloe had hit her it was only the once but it was one time too many that night she spent hours crying into my arms but when I told her to leave her she pushed me away and kept doing so until about 2 months ago when seb forced us to hang out thank god he did I missed her so much.

Once we finished our last game me and seb placed the controllers down  making our way to check on y/n.

————————————————————
Y/n POV

The sound of heavy footsteps drawing near brought me out of my slumber I looked up to the two men stood in front of me with guilty smiles on their faces I shook the worry off as I looked down as I noticed Lizzie was still sound asleep on my chest I nudged her to wake her up. Once she finally woke up she looked up at me and noticed she was lay on me as the blush crept on her face.

"Hey, you" Lizzie says while slowly lifting herself up. Seb cleared his throat causing the blonde to look up. "Oh hey guys, what time is it?" She questions. "9:12 why?" Seb questions. " oh shit, I'm late fuck"
She muttered as she got her stuff together before placing her jacket on she rushed over to me placing a quick kiss on my cheek before explaining she had to meet her Friend at 9 once she left I sat back on the sofa with an unbearably wide grin on my face. I noticed to two guys still looking at me I looked at them the guilty smiles still present. "Would you care to explain why your face looks like that?" " you like her don't you?" Seb asks. " I think I do, I mean I know I've only just broken up with Chloe but i really want to get to know her even if it's as friends." I admit sheepishly. " that's what I was afraid of" " why are you afraid is it weird because she's your friend? Shit I didn't even think about that" I admit nervously. " she's engaged y/n/n" "I'm sorry what?" I question confused to what I just heard. "She's engaged, she has been for the past 3 years" Tom admits regretfully. " you have got to be kidding me"