Chapter 2

⚠️ trigger warning: abuse!

My eyes heavy and my breath shallow I try to move but my body feels as though it's strapped down I slowly open my eyes fighting the pain taking a quick look at my surroundings. The bright lights overwhelming my sight the faint beeping invading my ears and the harsh feeling in my throat unbearable. I somehow muster enough strength to open my eyes once again they rest on the person in front of me.

"Hey, y/n you're away you're okay you're in the hospital," They rush out. "I'm what? Why am I here" I say slightly panicking. "Tom? Why am I in the hospital?" I plead as I see tears fall down his face. "Last night I asked Lizzie why you left so suddenly and she told me someone was screaming down the phone at you and i immediately knew it was Chloe I texted you multiple times and you didn't answer I woke up this morning and called you, still you didn't answer so I panicked and came to your house and i saw you lay on the floor you were unconscious what happened?" he says through tears. "It was... it was Chloe. She heard Lizzie last night and immediately though I was cheating on her and told me to get home once I got home she grabbed me and hit me she wouldn't stop Tommy... I tried to get her off but she kept hitting me what did I do to deserve this?" I ask through tears. "Nothing she's a monster you don't deserve this you're too good for her I'm going to call the police she deserves to rot in prison!" He exclaims standing up and grabbing his phone. "No please! Tom don't just leave it it's over, I'm breaking up with her she's not going to control me anymore but please don't call the police I don't want it to get any worse than this please..." I plead. "If I see her again if she tries to talk to you again and I swear if she lays a hand on you again I'll call the police" he explains taking the seat next to me. "Thank you Tommy, where's seb?"'I ask as I haven't seen him yet I mean he's my brother I thought he would be here. "He has been here the entire time but I sent him to get us some coffee as he was hungover and didn't want to fall asleep he wanted to be here when you woke up"
he explains. "Okay, thankyou for being such a good friend Tommy". "It's okay y/n just rest." "What actually happened to me? Do you know what my injuries are?"I ask curiously slowly sitting up. "Hey don't strain yourself, the doctor told me you have bruised ribs, a broken nose and you have a couple of scratches on your face along with black eyes" he explains. "Y/n! Oh my god you're awake oh my god"seb exclaims as he practically storms towards me pulling me into a hug. "Seb... bruised ribs" I say breathlessly. "I'm so sorry I'm just glad you're okay!"

——————————————————————————-

It had now been 3 hours since I woke up the nurse came to check on me changed the bandage on my nose and let me know I could leave, I started to get out of bed with the help of my brother and my best friend we slowly made our way through the hospital thank god they weren't going to fast I don't think my body could handle it. As we got to the main door there she was... stood in front of me like she wasn't the reason I was here in the first place. I could feel my heart beat rising as my breaths get more shallow and my hands start sweating. My grip tightens on sebbs arm as he leads me towards his car the quicker I get out of here the better.

"Please baby, I'm sorry I thought you were cheating on me with that whore I'm sorry please give me one more chance" she pleads. Her voice shattering my false confidence I couldn't help but turn around. "You thought I was fucking cheating on you? I explained she was my brothers friend and you still beat me! You hit me again and again and again I nearly died and you come here to what beg for forgiveness you're lucky you're not in prison right now! We're over." I scream the pain in my throat evident. "Baby please give me one more chance! You can't just leave 4 years for nothing please one more chance I can change!" She pleads yet again but her words fall on a broken heart she broke. She fucking broke me. "You know the sad thing is I actually want to believe you I actually want to believe you'll change but I know you never will I know you're a horrible person who deserves nothing but to be alone for the rest of her life, I'll say it one more time so you can understand we're over, you hurt me and I can't forgive you. Now please leave before I call the cops Chloe, I'll come by with a few friends to get my stuff in a week or so but until then don't contact me and when I've got my stuff I never what to hear from you again understood?" I explain tired of seeing and hearing her voice. "Understood" she says as her eyes meet the floor tears spilling out of her eyes. Even after everything I want to be the one to comfort her but I can't I'm not that person anymore I nod to seb and we start moving again we make it to the car and he starts driving us home leaving Chloe Alone just like she left me the only difference is she isn't fighting for her life.

————————————————————

I finally arrive at sebs house and they help me out of the car and towards the house Tom opens the door before rushing back to my side helping me to the sofa. As i sit down seb and Tom sit on either side of me before seb grabs the remote Turing the tv on to fill the silence.

"Are you going to explain what what happened?" Seb questions. "At the moment sebby, no." I admit plainly being too tired to care right now. "You don't have to tell me anything but if you want someone to talk to I'm here, especially since you'll be living with me now."
He says shyly I could tell he was nervous to ask but honestly I couldn't face trying to look for another place right now, life is too stressful without having to find somewhere to live. "Thank you sebby I mean it it'll be fun living with you again, can we get my stuff Friday?" I ask. "Yeah, course me Tom and Lizzie will help you bring your stuff here" he explains. Shit lizzie, "you haven't told her about me being in the hospital have you?" I ask scared I already know the answer. "Yeah... she was worried about you I had to tell her. I had to convince her not to come to the hospital she felt guilty for what happened," Tom explained. "Why she has nothing to feel guilty for wait have you got her number she has mine but I never got hers" I explain.

Tom gave me her number and helps me to the spare bedroom so I can call her with privacy. It feels like forever until she finally picks up.

"Y/n! Omg are you okay? Where are you? How are you calling me I thought you were in the hospital? What happened?" She questions through the phone. If I didn't have a headache I would've found her rambling cute. "Hey Lizzie let me answer one question at a time okay," I joke. "First off I'm okay I just got back to sebs, Tom gave me your number and I was in the hospital but they let me out and what happened is a long story I'm happy to explain over coffee," I offer shyly. She laughs before answering back. "Yeah, are you sure you're okay to come out? I mean you just got out the hospital?" "That's a good point, you come over and I'll order us coffee and any food you want, Deal?" I ask. "Sounds like a deal to me, I'll get ready and I'll be over in 30 see you then, "she laughs putting the phone down. Shit am I having a date with her, no need to panic no need to panic at all. Let's not think too seriously I mean I just got out a relationship I mean yes she is beautiful but I don't think I'm ready to get back in to something just yet... I'm not where near ready for that friends it is.