XXXVIII- mission

(Y/n): hey sorry but i think i'm gonna pull out of the student council

(Y/n): i have a lot going on rn

Lola fought the urge to throw her phone across the room as she read the brief texts from (Y/n). The only reconciliation she had was the looming plan but as long as her so-called 'aides' were still having cold feet then she couldn't advance much further.

"What is it?" Suzy asked, unnerved by the way Lola unnaturally gripped her phone.

"It's... ugh, it's nothing- where is everyone??"

Suzy shrugged, taking a bite out of the apple she'd brought to the student council room. "They should be here around now."

The first to walk in was Odette, she was being followed along by Cam.

"Finally." Lola shoved her phone into her pocket in an effort to forget the messages.

"You're sure no one will come in?" Cam looked over her shoulder at the door.

"They've no reason to. I haven't scheduled a meeting for the council." Lola released a sharp breath. "And my vice-president just retired, so..." She trailed off and fell silent, allowing the others to do in the gaps in just how she felt.

"Can we start this already?" Suzy questioned boredly. "I wanna go see (Y/n)." She perked up significantly at the thought, sighly happily to herself.

"Watch it." Odette challenged. "That's my girlfriend you're talking about."

"We can't start just yet." Lola said, choosing to ignore Odette. "Lupita's not here."

"Oh...I forgot about her." Suzy mumbled, resuming eating her apple.

Almost as if on cue, Lupita burst in. "Sorry, sorry, I got caught up." She quickly as down, making sure to glare at Odette on her way.

"Great, that means we can-"

"Just one second, Lola." Odette interrupted. She was thoroughly enjoying her newfound position of power over the entire group. "I know you're all feeling very...upset with me at the minute. I know that you're probably very jealous at the fact that (Y/n) and I share a genuine relationship built on trust and true affection. Though I don't believe any of you will ever have her, it's pretty clear that I'm your best bet at having any shot with her."

"Is that all? I thought this was resolved." Lola sighed.

"Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough." Odette possessed a smug smile as she looked over at the room. "If I'm so instrumental in this, shouldn't I be calling the shots?"

The girls shared looks with one another, no one wanted to be the first to respond.

"So..." Lupita spoke quietly. "So, (Y/n) really loves you?" She asked sadly.

"Yes." Odette bluffed. "Close proximity to me is close proximity to her. If you truly believe you're better for her than I am then you can prove it."

"I will prove it." Cam insisted. "I know she still feels something for me...sh-she must do."

"You both really believe her??" Lola exclaimed. "Suzy?"

"She...kind of has a point..."

"What the fuck?!"

Lola stood up and began to pace. Everything seemed to be falling apart in front of her eyes. Though nothing fundamental had changed yet, Odette was clever and would have more tricks up her sleeve.

"Fine." Lola huffed. "You do everything. Fine by me."

Odette held back a small chuckle at Lola's clear distress. "So, we're all in agreement."

No one objected. Lola simply rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you want to call agreement." She mumbled. Time was all she really needed. Time to regain the upper hand.

Dalia stole quick glances at Lupita as she wrote out an essay for her history class. They were working silently beside each other in the library but Lupita has come late due to something or other.

Well, Dalia knew exactly what had made her late even if Lupita was cagey about telling her much. It was about that whole situation with (Y/n).

Dalia's mind ran quickly, she needed to figure out a way to prevent their plan from going accordingly but that was becoming increasingly difficult as Lupita let her in on less and less. She didn't wish to make Lupita too suspicious, or worse, say something to someone else.

"Who...who were you talking to?" Dalia kept her voice to a whisper to not get removed by the librarian.

"Oh, um, it was nothing." Lupita smiled uncomfortably. "Just about...uh, schoolwork? Yeah. It was just about some work I needed to finish up."

Dalia frowned. She attempted to toe the line between making herself a threat and getting actual information that could help her to help (Y/n).

"I thought you might've been talking to (Y/n)." Dalia noticed how Lupita's expression changed to one of surprise at the sound of that name. "You know, with how much you like her."

"I-I wish..." She trailed off with a small, self-pitying laugh. "But she's actually dating Odette now." Lupita looked down, sadness and anger mixed within her for a deadly combination that only spurred on her jealousy. What hurt more is that she felt there was nothing she could do about it. Not then, at least.

"I heard." Dalia looked back down at the desk, pondering her next words very carefully. "Does that mean that...you're not doing that...that thing you told me about anymore."

A look of alarm crossed Lupita's face as her eyes went wide. She regressed and began to resume her work. "I really can't say."

Sighing, Dalia went back to her work too. She could see that there was little else she was going to get out of Lupita at that time.