XII- dizzy

Lola tossed her bag on the floor as soon as she stepped in the door.

"Okay. What is it?" She asked instantly, her impatience clear as day.

Odette trailed in behind her girlfriend, shutting the front door to her house after. "What are you talking about?"

"You're being all weird and quiet." Lola remarked with a sneer, there was not a trace of the fake smile she had worn the whole evening.

Odette exhaled sharply and shrugged.

"Nothing to say?"

"I just..." Odette went back and forth in her mind over whether she wanted to talk about what was upsetting her. Was there even any point. "It's nothing."

"Come on, tell me." Lola went to hold Odette's hand, stating deeply into her eyes as if she could try to read her mind. "It's not.." She trailed off. "Is it...that?"

"I don't want to have the same damn argument we always have again. There's no point."

Lola released Odette's hand upon realising the reason for her girlfriend's attitude. "Oh my god..."

"You just act so different with them." Odette accused. "You wouldn't even look at me the whole night. How do you think that makes me feel??"

"God, give me a break. I have friends. Sue me."

"It's not about your friends, it's about you!" Odette exclaimed, she folded her arms and looked away. "Adam was hitting on you the whole night, it would've been nice if you told him you're taken."

"Adam? He's just nice, a foreign concept to you, I know-"

Odette scoffed at Lola's ability to make digs at her at any opportunity.

"You're acting delusional." Lola spat. "You and your jealousy."

"I'm not jealous of Adam."

"I know you're not. You're jealous of me." Lola's eyes seemed to shift a shade darker. "You're jealous that I have a life outside of this relationship, and you don't."

"How was that, Jules?" Suzy asked breathlessly, leaning over to place her hands on her knees and heave. Her typically pale face had gone nearly as pink as her hair as sweat made it glisten in the beaming heat.

"Almost beat your personal best." The girl who was timing her said, impressed. Jules showed the stopwatch to Suzy who merely frowned at it.

"I could be better...I've done better."

"Everyone knows that you do better in the shorter races than the long ones. You don't even usually enter the 5000 metres."

Suzy had entered herself in nearly all for the running events, she may have had a lapse in judgement and failed to consider just how exhausted it would make her, but she had only wanted to impress (Y/n). She knew the beautiful girl would be there, hopefully cheering her on from the stands, she'd promised after all.

"I'll just keep working at it." Suzy said with a quick shake of her head. "I've got a few days, right?"

"You've been training a lot...when's the last time you even hooked up with some cheerleader or a girl from your classes?"

"I don't know. Does it matter?" Suzy sighed and tightened her ponytail. "I just want to focus on this for now."

"It matters because it's unlike you." Jules said softly, while not as close with Suzy as Lola was, she was similarly athletic so they spent a lot of time together. "Is this about the new girl...what's her name..? (Y/n)?"