XXXIII- forceful

Cam waited for (Y/n) by the gates with a small yet hopeful smile of anticipation. It was no surprise that walking with (Y/n) to and from school had quickly become the most treasured part of her day.

Her sneakers rocked back and forth, her dark eyes were set on the door. Cam didn't pay much attention to anyone else until a calm blonde girl approached.

"You're waiting for (Y/n)?" Odette asked stoically. Although Cam was one of the people she had more patience for, she also held a significant amount of envy. It was clear that (Y/n) was closer to Cam than she was to others, feeling something bordering on genuine. The thought irritated Odette so deeply to the point that she manifested it physically with tightly clenched fists.

Cam nodded, not looking away from the door.

"You two can come back to my place." Odette's Frank words seemed more of a demand than an offer .

Cam frowned, putting her eyes on Odette. "Is this part of the plan?"

"Does it matter?"

Cam hesitated, unsure what Odette's angle was. She looked around cautiously and then lowered her voice. "We...we don't need her there right now. I thought we were waiting."

"Christ, we're not gonna do anything yet." Odette rolled her eyes and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "I'm just inviting you two to my house. We're friends, remember?"

"I'm not your friend."

Letting out an elongated sigh, it was Odette's turn to look away from Cam. "Well, it was (Y/n) who wanted us both around her at the same time. I only really want her to come over anyway. I only invited you because you're so insistent on acting like her lap dog."

Just when Cam was about to respond, she spotted (Y/n) exiting the doors. Her face lit up and Cam rushed over to her, Odette trailing just a few feet behind.

(Y/n) greeted the two of them with a small smile. She still had that horrible feeling of forboding and kept in mind what Dalia had said, but if they were truly unstable then it wasn't like she could suddenly cut contact without arousing some suspicion.

"Hi-"

"(Y/n), you should come to my house for dinner. I promise it will be excellent." Odette cut in quickly.

Cam looked back at Odette and then shrugged. "You really don't have to."

"Just trying to be nice to my friend. You know, you're very welcome too, Cam."

(Y/n) observed their interaction in confusion, she could only pick up so much of their subliminal messaging. If this was their method of quote unquote 'capturing' her then it didn't seem like Cam was on board. (Y/n) couldn't help her curiosity when it came to these two, it was the whole reason she dedicated more of her time to them. Cam had always been the one she felt true attraction and affectionate feelings towards, but Odette had a magnetism that made her want to discover what lay beyond the exterior.

"I guess... I could stay for a little bit."

'If anything goes wrong then I'll just call Dalia.' She thought as a form of reassurance. 'Wait....do I even have her number?'

"Perfect." Despite being quite short, Odette's hair made a definite swish as she turned around and began walking to her house.

Cam glanced at (Y/n) worriedly, still unsure of what Odette was doing. She thought about holding her hand but (Y/n) was too soon in pursuit of Odette.