XIX- date

Early that Saturday evening, (Y/n) was fixing her hair in preparation for her date with Suzy. Well...'date'...or maybe it was a real date, (Y/n) wasn't even sure at this point.

She'd promised Suzy a date, but according to everyone (Y/n) had told there was no romantic connotation to it. Of course, Suzy was saying just the opposite but in her everlasting naïvité, Suzy wouldn't blame (Y/n) for the supposed error of others.

There was a knock at the door and (Y/n) stepped away from her vanity. She called a goodbye out to her parents and then rushed to get the door.

Standing outside was Suzy looking as happy as (Y/n) had ever seen her. Her hair was hanging loose over her shoulders and she'd given herself some minimal makeup. It was unusual for (Y/n) to see Suzy outside of her athletic wear, her style was more girly than (Y/n) expected it to be. Her legs were protected from the cold with thick tights that she wore with a black mini skirt and a fuzzy sweater.

"Hey, hot stuff, you ready to go?" Suzy asked suavely, she held her hand out.

'Clipped nails...nice.'

(Y/n) took Suzy's hand with a small giggle. "What a gentleman."

"You bet, your carriage awaits!" Suzy gestured towards her pretty beaten up looking car. "I promise it's not as bad on the inside." She lifted (Y/n)'s hand to place a quick kiss on her knuckle. "There's a movie showing down at this old drive-in place. It's some old silent film but I thought it'd be cute."

"Sounds great."

The pair headed towards to car, (Y/n) got into the passenger seat and coughed slightly at the smell. It wasn't bad, it was just painfully obvious that Suzy had sprayed an ungodly amount of perfume inside the car before driving over.

Suzy seemed to also notice as she grimaced when getting in. "I may have overdone it a bit. My car's pretty old so it usually smells like shit. Once we're at the drive-in we can sit out on the hood, I brought blankets and stuff." She rolled her window down, allowing some of the cold but refreshing air in a bit.

The car hummed to a start and Suzy drove away from (Y/n)'s house.

"Hey...have any other girls spoken to you about me?" Suzy asked carefully.

"What about?" (Y/n) had her interest piqued, she could hear insecurity in Suzy's vocie.

"I just...I've been in a lot of not serious and short-term relationships. I don't want you to think you're just another one of those girls to me..." She trailed off and focused on the road. (Y/n) knew what 'not serious and short-term' really meant. It meant she'd fuck these girls, oblivious to the fact that they were practically head over heels, and then ditch them.

(Y/n) smiled to herself, proud that she had secured a place in Suzy's psyche. She had been privy to the fact that Suzy was a player from when she'd first met the girl, it had been her goal to be the one that played Suzy instead.

"I haven't heard anything about that."

"Ah...good, good." Suzy flashed a grin. "Did I tell you how nice you look tonight?"

"Well, you called me hot stuff at the door."

"In that case, I'll tell you again." She slowed at a red light and took the opportunity to give (Y/n) a slow once over. "You're stunning."

(Y/n) lifted her chin with that boost to her ego. "You scrub up pretty well too," she responded, "beautiful, honestly."

Lupita entered the room with a large bowl of popcorn. "Straight out of the microwave!" She announced to Dalia.

Dalia was sat on Lupita's couch, she lit up at the appearance of Lupita. "Oh, I am starving!" She took a piece as Lupita sat down next to her.

Dalia was staying over at Lupita's house that night, the two were dressed in confy pyjamas for their sleepover.

"What are we watching tonight?" Dalia asked.

"Whatever you want." Lupita offered the remote and bowl to Dalia, she then stood up. "I'm just going to head to the bathroom real quick."

Lupita quickly went upstairs, she walked right by the restroom and went into her own bedroom instead. Anxiously, she opened up (Y/n)'s social media on her phone. She knew that (Y/n) was seeing Suzy tonight.

As her page loaded, Lupita put her finger to her lips in anticipation. Her heart began to race, she wouldn't ever forgive herself if she lost (Y/n) before she even truly tried to be with her. She definitely wouldn't forgive Suzy for it.

(Y/n)'s account finished loading and there was nothing new. This pushed a small sigh of relief past Lupita but by no means calmed all of her fears. Just because she hasn't posted anything didn't necessarily mean much.

Lupita clicked on a picture (Y/n) had posted a few weeks before in order to calm herself. It was one of Lupita's favorites after the hours she'd spent staring at all of them. (Y/n) was sat in a flower garden, the sun was shining on her and she had just about the cutest smile on her face. It prompted Lupita's own smile just at the sight of it.

There were lots of things she liked about that picture but maybe one of the biggest ones was that it was one of the only pictures she'd posted where no one else was present.