𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-20

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Grandma took us in but that didn't last long before she died from a heart attack once again we were homeless, the authorities took us in I remembered wrapping my hand with Vanessa's together with a white rope so we wouldn't get lost and never let go of each other, but they didn't allow girls and boys together in an orphanage to be together I still recall that red-headed women wearing a suit taking Vanessa away from me and how I cried begging them to bring her back to me, she was taken away in his white dress and braided messy golden locks with Mr.blue her stuffed bunny in her hands, we were ripped apart she was on the other side of the orphan while I was on the opposite side. There was no more goodnight kisses, nor bedtime stories, there wasn't a mother which would wake me up in the morning and shower me with kisses, there was no Father who would give me a piggyback ride and play with me, there was no parent to hug when sad and scared, to sneak into their room in the middle of the night and sleep in the warmth of their arms, there were no more mothers hot delicious food, there was no family. I cried myself to sleep every night, I carved my parents warmth and smell, I carved home. I didn't get to see Vanessa for a whole year when I turned eight I could just sit and do nothing so I broke into the girl section only to see Vanessa, I knew I would get punished severely if they caught me but Nessa was all I had left from family and couldn't take another day without seeing her. When I broke into the girl section at night I walked into the sleeping hall and searched for my sister, I saw a copy of my mother sleeping with her left hand under her cheek while the other clenched on Mr. blue her golden hair was braided just like the day they took her away from me, she was already six and knew she was an orphan but what hurt me was that I wasn't doing my duty as her brother. I would sneak in to see her during days and night and never got caught no wonder Alessandro says I am special." He chuckled in between the tears, "years passed and I turned ten while Nessa was Nine I couldn't stay there anymore so that night I decided to escape with my sister we both met in the middle of the orphan and ran through the window, we ran like wild children not knowing where we are headed thankfully we both stole food from the orphan so we had something to eat, I held my sisters hand tightly as we walked down the streets of Rome, two orphan kids walking around alone at midnight what could go wrong, we were homeless for a fucking week I begged people for money and when I would get some cash which was only enough for one loaf of bread I would run to the baker and get Venessa fresh bread and watch her eat she would try to share but I couldn't take it from her since I knew she needed it more than me."

He was sobbing uncontrollably as he hid his face in his hand, not knowing tears were already pouring from my eyes, I stood up and walked towards him bringing him into my chest and patting his back as he kept sobbing.

There is a saying that states, The brightest smiles conceal the darkest secrets, the most beautiful eyes hide the most bitter pains, the most cheerful people are optimistic because they want to conceal their stories using their jokes. Mateo Never had a childhood nor saw happiness, he hid that distress of all those years and bottled it in trying to hide it from the universe and had to man up and make big choices from a young age.

He backed his head away and sniffed, his face was red and his green eyes were a bloody forest from all the crying.

I brought my chair and sat beside him, "I met Alessandro's father and he asked me to join the family he told me he will provide us with everything which he did he brought us to his home and ordered his maids to clean us up, water and shampoo hit my skin after a week and a half and I was able to get out of my wrecked clothes and wear a fresh new set of clothing we were both fed properly and Mister Hernandez himself became a father figure, Aless was 15 or 16 years old back then, he was like an older brother and was very caring and kind to both Venessa and me, Mister Hernandez would tug us in bed, kiss us goodnight and do more stuff, Aless too didn't have a mother so he will always tell me that I should be strong." I cleaned the tears off his cheeks and his breathing became controllable after all the sobbing.

"I started practising until I was strong enough and became a part of the gang, I practised daily with Aless after I became 12 I was ready to start fighting in the field. When Mister Hernandez died once again everything fell apart and I knew I couldn't just let my sister live in a place filled with danger so I asked Aless to help me find our mother sister she has always loved us, she lived abroad in the United States, she never had a child unfortunately so when I asked her to take care of Venessa she was more than happy to do it, 4 years ago I faced losing another family member once again except for that this one was for the best, it's a been four years and I haven't seen her. I promised myself that I will protect her no matter what the consequences are." Taking a breath he started looking at the view and tears were still glistening in his forest green eyes, "When I turn eighteen I will bring her back and buy an apartment and will also take custody of her and we will always be together and this time I will not let anyone tear us apart."

"But you know this job is dangerous, and- " I reminded him but yet couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence, a dark chuckled left his mouth before he gawked at me with a sad smile plastered on his face, and it still showed his dimples that beautified his appearance.

"I know for a fact that my life isn't my own when doing this job."