𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-45

The moment we set a foot outside the doors of the mansion, Alessandro pulls me by my arm, colliding into his chest his addicting scent filled my nostrils. Looking up at his face through my mask I smile softly as I wait for him to speak.

"Alexandra, promise me that you won't do anything aside from what is planned."

I was taken back by his worried voice, he knew the answer to his question but wanted a promise from me.

"You know me, I do a lot of crazy stuff without it being planned out."

"Well, Don't do that tonight."

"Alessandro-"

"I am not asking, I am ordering you like your boss." His voice held authority and power, while his eyes help compassion and love.

I suck in a deep breath before smiling once again.

"Don't worry I won't do anything mental."

"Promise me."

I hesitate for a while before opening my mouth, "I promise."

Pulling me into his chest he hugs me as if it's his last.

"I love you, Alexandra."

Rubbing his back lightly I retort, "I love you more Alessandro."

Pulling away from the hug we held hands as we walked down the front door stairs before parting ways and letting go of each other.

My heart clenched at the sight of him moving away from me, the possibilities hunted me like mad dogs.

"Alexandra, let's go."

Breaking my eyes away from Alessandro's back I walk towards the car.

Getting in the back seat I sigh slowly.

"It's hard isn't it?" My head darts up at Aida's voice, "The fear of letting go and vanishing into thin air."

I hum in response not letting a word out.

"I assure you, He will come back safe and sound without a scratch, at the end he is Alessandro Hernandez, he is the devil himself."

A devil with a heart of gold...

"Thank you, Aida, for just being there even though we don't know each other much."

"We are both stuck in the same maze, being each other's backbone will be the least we could do." Her sweet voice reassures me that everything would be alright.

It doesn't take long before Sergio gets into the driver's seat, Starting the engine we hit the road.

"Okay, so Dante made three fake IDs just in case of anything," He hands Aida and I each a fake ID,

I was Lorena Genovese

"It seems like I am Lorena Genovese," I announce

"Well, I am Terza Vosa."

"And who exactly are you Sergio?" I ask,

"Eliseo Vosa."

"I never knew the mob members would ever use an ID." Aida mocked.

"They always surprise us with their new ways," I add.

"Tonight we are from the Vipers, which means we have to act as if venom runs through our vessels, be as cold as possible and blunt so they don't feel anything moreover, Alexandra tonight you will be there in the position of the Vipers enforcer."

The enforcer,

The one which gets its hand dirty while the others stay away.

"I am the Captain while Aida is my wife. "

"Fair enough."

My eyes dart outside the window as I suck in a deep breath and remind myself that tonight will be the ending of a very long-lasting nightmare.

Before I could think any further, Sergio's phone cut the silence sharply.

"Si Capo?"

My attention perks as soon as I hear Capo.

"Ma è impossibile, Marco si è assicurato che non ce l'avrebbero fatty," He pauses, "Non preoccuparti,Farò in modo di essere molto attento e informerò anche i soldati."
I soon as he pulls the phone away from his ears I begin throwing questions at him."What's going on?"

"Don't worry, it's nothing that should bother you."
"Beg your pardon, I have the very right to know what's going on." When he doesn't speak for a while the answer hits me hard.

"It's the Russians, isn't it? They are present at the ball."

"You shouldn't worry about it Alexandra, We will sort it out."

"I am the consigliere, I have to know everything before taking a step forward!" I exclaim, fuming.

"Capo doesn't want you to worry about it so you could stay safe."

"Stay safe from, what?" I pause, "Is there something I don't know about the Russians?"

"Alexandra calm down." Aida tries to bring the tension down.

"Sergio," I warn

"Fanculo questo! Loro ti conoscono, quindi sei il loro obiettivo in questo momento!"

My eyes open wide at his words, "What do you mean by they know me?"

"Do you remember the meeting Alessandro held with the Russians when you first met us?"

That's when the realisation hit me, and everything began making sense.

"Merda!"

"So please for the sake of us and The Hernandez family don't do anything which will put you in danger tonight."

He repeated Alessandro's words.

Tonight it was the death of one nightmare and the birth of another.

"Do you have your weapon?" He asked

I nod, swallowing a lube of saliva.

When was going to get my happy ending, without worrying about what happens next?

"Alexandra Don't worry, Boss won't let anything happen under his watch, trust him."

With every building passed my heart began beating faster, It wasn't I who I was worried about rather my other half, it wasn't the Valentinos, the Cassano's or the Russians that I feared rather it was fate that terrified me. Was it going to let me off the hook this time and give me the chance to return to the arms of my lover? Was it going to have mercy and not crush my soul? I wouldn't mind being tortured in any kind of way only to change fate if it wasn't on my side.

I flinch as the car comes to a stop, I take a look outside the window and the Midnight Hall stood high and proud not aware of the bloodbath waiting for the clock to strike the hour of order. A thousand cars were parked all around the parking lot, and the colourful dresses and the dim suits were all that the eye could catch.

Before I knew it my side of the door was opened revealing a young man in a tuxedo. Reaching out for my hand I held his gloved hand slowly getting out of the car followed by Aida who had her hand on her womb.

"Well now that's a lot of people." she let out once she was beside me.

"It indeed is a lot of people, just like we expected."

"Ladies shall we."

Sergio intertwines his arm with Aida already getting into character.

"Has Anthony arrived yet?" Aida asked

"No, He will arrive in 15 minutes."

È meglio che vada come previsto o brucerò tutto.