𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-55

Alexandra

The day I decided to come to Italy I never thought I would be held hostage or engaged to my boss, but they always say expect the unexpected. Being tied up to a chair slowly losing count of time, My body slowly lost the energy it had stored gradually becoming weak. Dirt covered my body and hair, my lips dry from the lack of water, my eyes bitter from crying for being so lost and numb.

Alessandro was all I could think of he held my mind and body captive with his fondness. I missed him coming around late at night after finishing his work, his hand snaking around my waist slowly burying his nose in the crack of my neck, before showering me with kisses and pulling me deeper into his arms. I missed him because he made me feel things I have never felt before he made me feel needed and wanted. Even though I have never lacked affection throughout my life but Alessandro's love and admiration were different it was new and only mine. He was him around me and I was who I was without faking being someone else in the warmth of his love.

Flashback

"It's been a while since you've called, what do I owe you?" I hold the phone close to my ear as I look outside my bedroom window. Heeding a low laugh from the other side of the line I hold in my gaze with the lights outside the glass, "I need a partner." A sharp raspy voice spoke giving me the answer to my question, "I knew you wouldn't call me without a reason." I pause turning away from the window, "You still can't trust anyone with the position."

"You know me, I don't give trust, you have to achieve it yourself." His intense voice filled my ear, a smirk caught up on my lips, "So I am a plan B, What a shame."

Another low laugh came through the line, "Of course not, but even if you were, that's for me to know not you not anyone else." he resumed, "You have to be in Italy, in a maximum of 10 days."

10 days.

"What makes you think I will take the offer and travel 910 miles for you?" I pause, "I know my worth, if I am a plan B you can ask someone else."

"I know you way better than that Alexandra, I will meet you in ten days, have a lovely night." And the line went silent, sucking in a breath I pull the phone away from my ear.

The world is a place where you discover all sorts of people, murderers, scumbags, avarice, generous ones, nations who are quite friendly and nations who would rather kill you than have an encounter with you. People who fight crimes and people who are the criminals. The world is very broad and horrifying. And just like everything else even this world has been separated into two parts, The evil and the good. The demons are the enemy or so we are told as kids, and that the good is a friend and is acceptable. But what if the good lost its way between the light of adequate and cruel? After all, aren't we all primed to sin throughout our lives?

I am that lost soul, I have forfeited my path between the good and the wicked. Maybe it was the alluring grey eyes, the city lights that captured my soul, or perhaps that addicting scent of his that held me down. I was no hero at least not in these chapters of my being, but does it matter? Being a hero or not doesn't matter when you can be against the rules. I am not sure if I am ready to sin like him but I am sure I won't regret what I will do next

Turning my heels away from the windows I walk out of my compartment, there is only one person who could assure me of the right and the wrong right now.

"Father?" I walk down the stairs deliberately paving my path towards the closed brown door.

The moment my hand leaves the door a knock was heard from the touch, "Father, it's I Alexandra, may I come in?" It wasn't long after a minor invitation was heard from the other side.

My fingers clench on the doorknob slowly turning it.

The room's dim light was all the eye could catch before my eyes darted on my father.

His black hair had strands of white adorning it, his husky blue eyes were visible from three streets away, and he sat behind his desk doing his daily work.

"Alexandra is everything alright?" He was the perfect version of a father, flawless at least to me, his grin grew wider every time he saw my mother and me.

"No, everything is great."

" Good."

My feet drag me towards the chair placed in front of his desk, "I need to discuss something with you, that's of course if you have time ."

He shortly closes his laptop and turns his full attention toward me.

"Have a seat," I crouch on the beige chair, before taking a deep breath and turning towards my father.

"I might be going to Italy in about 10 days maximum."

"And why is that?"

"I have been offered a job."

"A job?" he paused slightly tilting his head, "What type of job exactly?"

"A counsellor." His brows dart together before they relax,

"So you are going to work in the Outfit?"

"Yes, and No." I let out a light giggle.

"That isn't a job for a young lady like you."

"Father, please don't change the topic into a female belittling issue, with all due respect but I don't like it when you do that." I disagree

"That's not what I meant sweetheart, you know I have taught you to be a woman who stands in a room filled with men with her head raised, but the underground isn't a place for a kind soul like yours no matter how close they are to you."

I stay silent, not uttering a word.

"I won't be the one to decide for you, after all, you are a grown woman and know what's right and wrong-" He sighed, "Do you think this is right?"

"In the past, I have had a pretty decent encounter with them and based on that I could say that making this choice is very adequate."

"Well then give me a good reason to agree with your choice."

"They taught me many things, each member of the high household taught me how to become tough and devoted. Matteo taught me how to get over my past and proceed to live, Anthony taught me what being loyal and reliable meant, while Alessandro, taught me how to become a true leader, he taught me what leadership held in its corners and how you should be stringent but caring, a shield nonetheless a sword. The Hernandez household was the reason I laid the first stone on the side of an unpaved road, I made mistakes in my past that have made me nothing but stronger and sharper, I was an amateur unaware of what my soul held in, and they were the reason I am wiser and intenser." I let out a breath once I am done talking.

My father's face softened as my words reached his rigid walls, " Very Well then, I am convinced with the answer, however, make sure to think of this choice thoroughly. " I stand up from my seat and nod, smiling.

"Thank you father, I will make sure to give you a response during breakfast tomorrow, but please do keep this a secret from mom, I would rather tell her I am going to pursue my passion in fashion in Italy rather than joining the Mob."

"Don't worry, I won't say a word."

I smile slowly backing away and leaving the room.

My decisions aren't always the best but through the rough roads I went through, I made my choice, as a choice in which I wasn't going to be the perfect image I was no longer going to hide my broken frame rather I was going to empower my weaknesses and kill my insecurities, after all, I am Alexandra Miller.

I am going to become the unexpected and create new standards wherever I step.