56

I watched her struggle against the rope binding her to the chair. Even through the dirt covering her body, she was still the most flawless woman I have ever come across, she was so stunning but not mine. I couldn't keep her or steal her away from the world. She wasn't going to be mine no matter how hard I tried but I still wanted her, but even wanting isn't enough.

Her black hair covered her face as her head was faced downward most probably still sleeping. She was vulnerable she wasn't given food or water for the past 72 hours, my heart ached to see her so far away behind a screen out of reach. She was so close that I could feel her warmth but now it's so cold without her presence that everything is bitter.

I was just another man to her behind the walls made of sinful money, but at least I was close to her when she was home her home. I was ready to risk it all for her just to see her delightful smile and hear her laugh one last time. She deserved more than this world had to offer. I was always there but it was so hard to notice behind the frigid walls I had built. I had no choice but to stay quiet and watch from afar. I was going to bring her home, only for her to run into the arms of another man to love him and to admire him but I was okay with that I have always been or at least that's what I tell myself. He was lucky that she was his, I wasn't going to be the one breaking her cause that is the devil’s job, I am raw but when it came to her I was just another snowflake slowly melting on the tough ground. Even if she wasn't going to smile brightly my way when seeing his man return cause I wasn't going to be that man in this life, I am still going to stand behind her and make sure to be there when she is feeling lonely and weak or when she needed a shield. I am going to make sure she survives tonight, even though that means that I am going to the edge of death for something with no outcome. Letting her go is all I can do, seeing her happy is all that matters even if I am not the man who will make her happy.

I wasn't going to let her stay in that cold monster's hand anymore even if her man is a darker nightmare, he deserved to have her back.

The black pen in my hand finally reaches the paper placed on my desk, I close my eyes making a toast without champagne or wine, A toast for her, A toast for striving to give everything I have built for her to return running into the arms of another man, a man her heart beats for and desires. A toast for me loving her behind the unnoticed walls of misfortune. It doesn't matter what road I take, how many times I was going to change my route she wasn't meant to be mine and on this path, some of us have got to go and leave.

I reopen my eyes before I begin writing.

Alexandra

A shiver runs through my veins, feeling the atmosphere around me getting cooler, forcefully raising my head I look around spotting a small high window on the wall, not much was visible but it was enough to clarify that it was once again nighttime. Time was passing by like the waves crashing into the shore, not minding what it took away from the coast, But I was on a boat led by these waves to a land I didn't know or even a demise  I didn't wish for.

My eyes clasped on the window I suck in a heavy breath before pushing my head back.

I wasn't ready to die, I wasn't going to perish here, I have a life, a family, a man that I love and need to endure what time brought upon us. I am not going to die out of hunger or heartache in a room cold and empty when the world thinks I am dead. Even if things didn't go as planned I wasn’t going to go down without a fight.

I turn my head towards the iron door at the end of the room, someone has to be behind that door, and someone has to be able to hear my voice.

“Hey, is anyone out there!” I yell my voice raspy from my dry throat, “I need to use the restroom!”

No response