𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-27

Lexi

After he spoke his words the car turned solely tight-lipped, the lanterns of the borough mesmerised me every time I glanced at them. My eyes turn from the windshield to Alessandro, his hands still clenched on the steering wheel the cessation made him frantic yet miserable, if it was any other person they would have already talked to the grim reaper. I understand for a matter of fact he is holding himself back not only from bursting from outrage, but he is also holding back his sensual pleasure. He is trying to be a better him for me yet I can't see myself taking this to another tier, I do feel immoral for not giving him what he deserves and it overwhelms me to see him in such a state yet I am apprehensive that once I take this to another stage I will lose everything; My best friend, the man I admire, and my boss. I can't put up with such loss and anguish, I can't suffer, I don't want to make him endure soul-shattering pain, I am bold and strong but he is my longing and I can't hurt him.

"Alessandro," His name rolled off my tongue flawlessly, he hummed in response not glancing in my direction. Swallowing the saliva ball in my throat I speak; "I am sorry..." My tone lowers earning his interest, "Sorry why?"

"I am sorry for not being able to give you what you deserve." Taken back by my words he understood my exact intention.

"Don't be, anyway since we are already here why don't we get off." I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't even realise we have arrived.

Getting out of the car, leaving me with a lifeless body I felt cold as shivers ran down my spine.

I finally got out and was welcomed by a mansion in the colour of chocolate.

"Lexi, Come on let's go!"

"Coming!"

Aless has already gone in leaving me alone, he might be hurt, a sigh left my mouth as I stepped forward and made my path into the mansion.

The internal design was the opposite of what Melissa is, it's soothing and delightful while she is crazy and means. Not knowing where to go I hesitated in my steps. "La signora hai bisogno di aiuto per trovare Mr Hernandez?" I bounced my head impatiently, "Sì, hai un'idea di dove è?" She nodded and asked me to follow her which I did without reticence. What caught my attention was that Melissa was nowhere to be found, it's pretty late I wonder where could she be?

"A proposito dove è Melissa?" I asked still following behind the middle-aged woman, she hesitated but still answered, "Oh signore tornerà in pochissimo tempo non ti preoccupare?"

Back in no time... What a lie.

"Lì vai a perdere, il signor Hernandez è proprio dietro questa porta." We both stopped in front of two beige doors, "Grazie." I got closer, placing my hand on the doorknob before she spoke again, "Ogni volta, sarò in giro se avevi bisogno di qualcosa." I gave her my best smile as she left.

Opening the door I was greeted by Alessandro laying on the bed still in his suit, his arm was placed over his face blocking out the light from his orifices. I sighed before walking closer to the edge of the bed, "I have told everyone that you are my fiance." My eyes widened "Excuse me?" His fiance?

He was still lying in the same position not minding me when he respoke, "Lex I bet you know very well I don't like repeating myself." I rolled my eyes placing my hand on the bridge of my nose, "Alessandro you can't just make up lies when you know very well that it isn't true, this will end up in no good." He growled sitting up, "Could you stop complaining, Sometimes you do get on my nerves."

Ouch...

"Alessandro stop acting like there is a stick stuck up your ass and act like a grown-up will you, You can't make up stupid excuses and make things up, if this is because of the man at the airport you know that it was a part of our plan, you can't keep acting like this." I snapped,