𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-18

"I can't see you only as a friend Cause I see you more than that and I can't change it."

"Aless," I can't confide a letter, I am the lack the word "You can take your time and I promise I am going to accept your answer no matter what it is without changing me." His words came out softer than feather yet disappointment was rooted in his eye, he let go of my hand and walked out leaving me confused and surprised.

I have been a smart thinker all my life and I would constantly have the explanation not matter the predicament but for once I am at the scarcity of phrases and I'm not able to concede.

I know I have caged both ways if I say no I will break him and if I say yes I am deserting my life agenda.

I know I fancy him, but I have always desired to finish everything that is on my list and getting into anything related to love is the very last thing on my wishlist.

I make my way towards my sand tinted wooden desk and take a seat on the white snow like leather chair.

In times of turmoil, humans tend to do things that encourage them to relieve tension. My tension reliever is to sketch and design outfits.

My style is diverse, however, I do dress very modest, I like the old Western fashion or what is called the Baroque era, corsets, gowns, bulky stays, Giant panniers, Mantua's but with a touch of modernity, bell sleeves or trumpet-shaped, Puffed up sleeves decorated with lacing and rosettes. My layouts are the Modern Rococo style which I am trying to bring back from the 1700-the 1750s.

My newest collection is related to Knighthood with a touch of fantasy and modernity; I like how my ingenuity runs wild when I have a pencil and paper in my hand.

When I first arrived in Italy, I came here only because Alessandro promised that he will help me start my custom styling brand and that he also wants me to be his consigliere which I agreed to without a qualm, when Gonzalez told me that she was willing to help me with the brand and even would cooperate with me I was pleased, but then everything started to collide, even though I still have time but with everything taking off, it's very overwhelming to work on my project.

My biggest dilemma at this moment is Alessandro, I feel guilty reciting this but he took the right step under improper circumstances.

In three days we will return to Rome and will attend the Ball, what I had in mind for this year's ball before it was rescheduled was to wear one of my designs but it seems that it isn't working out right now.

A sigh left my mouth as I placed my mechanic pencil on the table and closed my sketchbook.

Standing up I walked out of my chamber towards the kitchen where Aless was talking on the phone.

He flashed me a smile which I returned before walking towards the grey double door refrigerator, none of us has had lunch yet, so preparing something edible might be the best way to diminish the apprehension in the house.

"What are you making?" He raised a question, placing his phone on the kitchen counter,

"Chicken breast sandwich and salad." I placed the ingredients on the counter, before washing them by hand.

"Where is the apron Aless?"

"There, under the counter." I opened one of the cabinets and took out the black apron which was fold and placed in the cabinet.

Putting my head through the gap, I tried to fasten the strands around my waist but it was really difficult to do when I couldn't see nor reach all the way back, my body froze in its place when I felt two warm hands taking the strands away from my grip, I promptly brought my hands back to where I could see the and clasped them together.

The rooms temperature suddenly started increasing, I could feel the heat rising from my toes to my cheeks.

"There you go." Why did linking the strands took more time than usual.

"Thank you." I cleared my throat.

Wearing my cooking gloves I started with cutting the chicken breast trying to get my mind off the occurrence.

A lot of incidents happening lately,

Calm down... I took a deep breath in and out as I proceeded with cutting the pink shaded chicken breast.

"We found some very crucial evidence about Esmeralda, her real name is Aria Crusso she is working with the Valentino's and all these years she has been working for us as the head maid she was a concealed spy that functioned with the Valentino's, she also broke the Omerta and the oath she took about being loyal to me and the Hernandez household offshoots."

Snake

"Snakes change their skin but can't change the way they fully are, once a snake always will be a snake," I added my eyes still on the chicken breast on the cutting board and a sharp knife in my hand as I chopped it into small portions.

"We also tracked the boy who placed the tiny voice recorders in our rooms, it seems like none of them knew about each other, cause that boy was no other than Emilio Cassano the fourth son and youngest member of the Cassano family, Aria was trying to poison Anthony using the wine and then that is a chance for them to take over the mansion, while The Cassano's we're trying to find our week point and use it against us ."

Fools,

"Till now we found Danial, the twins, Iris, Esmeralda, and Emilio Cassano," I placed the knife in the middle of the chicken breast cutting through it as the peak of the sharp knife went through the cutting board making it stand straight without help, "The next to take the bait is Andrew." I gazed into Alessandro's eyes.

"Andrew Fabbri?"

"The one and only."

Taking my knife out of its recent position, I commenced chopping the other ingredients into tiny chunks.

"Andrew is on a vacation."

"As are you brainwashed or something, who takes leisure in the middle of October." I bit back reminding him of what he is missing out on.

"That man is up to no good, try hunting him down before it's unduly late."

Men can never be trusted when they have once misled you.