𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-17

ALESSANDRO

It's been a whole day and a half since the incident and ever since I am nothing more than a leader to Lexi and it's driving me crazy.

I have been running from this for too long but I still can't bring myself to apologize to her, I just can't face her.

"Alessandro!" My thoughts were cut off by the voice of Anthony on the other side of the screen.

"This is the fourth time you daydream and I have to bring you back to reality, if this is about Lexi well sitting down and daydreaming will not benefit you. After all by the end of this week you will have to bring her to the ball so what are you going to do then ask someone else or maybe Irene, could you man up for once when it comes to Lexi, She lied to you okay I understand but you are the one who couldn't watch his tongue while speaking, you are at fault in this whole procedure, quit acting like a clueless teenager and make up your mind if I act like you whenever something happens between Aida and me, Man she would have left me long ago cause let's face it women never want to apologize first and they always believe they are right which most of the time they are if it wasn't for Lex you would have been in a different state presently."

I knew he was right but my pride can't accept that I am mistaken.

"Alessandro, put your pride aside this time don't let her lose hope in you she is one of a kind."

And the Zoom Meeting was over.

I really am myself when I am around her, I have committed stuff with her that I would have never imagined myself doing, but yet Lexi brings out a side of me that I never realized existed, and I am grateful for that.

Maybe, just maybe my pride should be placed aside this time.

I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room towards her's, the big dual white doors werr closed and the only thing that was between us.

Taking a deep breath I tried knocking on the door.

"Sir?" She opened the door confronting me.

"Lex we need to talk." I looked into her Oceanic blue eyes which were piercing into my soul, her beige tank top and black pants demonstrated her curved body perfectly, and God knows how many times I have held myself back to not run my hand through her long raven follicle. She footed aside as a sign for me to go in.

I slightly nodded my head and walked into her room, and was welcomed by her vanilla chocolate scent which filled my nostrils and satisfied me.

I could hear the door closed behind me.

"What is it that you want to talk about, sir."

Even though she called me sir every time she talked to me but I could hear the irony in her complexion.

"Lex I regret what I said I really do, but I was dreadful, and furious when I found out you've lied to me you know I despise it when people lie to me and you know I trust you with all my heart and that I really didn't mean what I said but I truly regret it." I tried clarifying myself and thought it would work if I concede everything but the unenthusiastic expression on her face made it so overwhelming.

"Okay,"

That was the only phrase that fled her mouth.

"Alexandra!" My tone was very serious, as frustration took over me. "Stop acting like you don't care, this behaviour of yours is too ignorant, I know this was partly my fault but you can't act all innocent and put all the blame on me, I may have not thought before I spoke to you but I was not myself at that instant, I am apologetic and I mean it but please stop acting like this and get over it," I whispered the last part taking minor steps towards her.

"Alessandro, I tried hiding it because I thought maybe I could take care of it and I didn't want you to be worried. With all the stuff that is up to your sleeves I thought maybe I could take some of the weight that is on your shoulder and help you carry it, but yet without letting me explain you jumped to the conclusion and start throwing a tantrum like a child, and overall that you compared me to Irene, in all those people Irene, I am irritated, You called me an outsider and said it was a misstep bringing me into the Hernandez family, after all, we have been through you dared to call me an outsider, Yet you are asking me to get over it, Hernandez I am not that low of a person, no one I repeat no one disrespects me that way friend or foe, I don't care the portrayal of respect is the same for everyone." She held her ground with confidence.

"Lexi," My voice softened

"Why don't we talk about this when we both are in the right mindset." She cut me off but I shook my head and held her wrist "No we will fix this misunderstanding right now, I care about you Lexi, I assure you that you are the only person I cherish and respect, I would not exchange you for the entire world, you make me stronger, and more dominant, you bring out a side of me I never knew about, I can't go a day without hearing my little vixen's laugh and sarcasm jokes, you are what makes me a better version of myself, and I am forever in your debt for showing me love and being my biggest backer, I-I love you and I can't conceal it anymore, I know you deserve someone who is going to cherish you and values you and keeps you away from danger but I can't stay away from you and I can't see you only as a friend Cause I see you more than that and I can't change it."

I finally let out what I have caged for year's even though it might end with a heartbreak but maybe once I am rejected I will at least be able to move on.