𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-03

la volpe non deve essere incarnate

Chapter 3

Running down the stairs I headed straight to the kitchen "Alessandro...Alessan-!"I shouted

"Stop yelling you will make my ears bleed," he begged,  shoving a big piece of bread into my mouth, I glared at him before munching on the bread, After swallowing everything I started complaining again.

"You're incredibly annoying, you know that," I muttered, shooting him a disapproving glance. My brows furrowed as I locked my gaze on him.

"I seriously can't stand you," I whined.

"You know you don't really hate me, Principessa, and my hoodie actually looks cute on you," he said with a sly grin.

"I can't believe I travelled all the way from England to endure your incessant nonsense. What a complete waste of time and money. And, just so you know, your hoodie is far from attractive. It's my elegance that manages to salvage it," I declared, my tone dripping with sarcasm. He simply shook his head, a smirk playing on his lips, and condescendingly patted my head. "Yes, yes, your elegance, I wholeheartedly agree." My response was swift and I smacked his shoulder with all the force I could muster, but it didn't seem to faze him.

"So, what do you want to have for dinner?" he implored

"I'm not very hungry, so anything will do," I stated.

"You're not hungry? What a miracle!" He grabbed both of my shoulders tightly.

"Why are you talking as if I'm a glutton," I grimaced.

"Well, you eat anything edible. Remember what you did two years ago?" I shoved his hands away and continued glaring at him.

"It wasn't my fault. Anthony placed them on the table, and I couldn't resist!"

"You ate 32 pieces," Alessandro asserted, placing his right elbow on the counter and gaping at me.

"Could you please stop talking about that day? It was extremely awkward!" I pleaded. A low chuckle escaped his throat as he slowly nodded his head.

"By the way, where is Anthony?" I asked, looking around. He used to be around the estate almost all the time, but I haven't seen him since I got here.

"He has a wife now, so he's pretty occupied, especially these days since his wife is pregnant. He only comes here when needed."

"They had a wedding without me. Those sneaky people!" I exclaimed, my hands moving to my chest in a sign of hurt.

Alessandro eyed me before speaking, "Well, you're not that important. That's why he didn't invite you." I glared at him and reached for the nearest item, which happened to be a small cushion on the chair behind me.

Tossing the cushion at him, I aimed for his face, holding my abdomen as I burst into laughter at his expression.

"Principessa, you've messed with the wrong person," he declared with a husky voice.

I gawked at him and stoked the fire even more, "Oh, is that so?"

It didn't take long before he started chasing me around the hall. I tried my best not to trip as I ran between the furniture, passing by them.

"Just wait until I catch you!"

"Well, what will you do, Grandpa? You'll never be able to catch me with that pace!" I squealed, out of breath.

I ran as if my life depended on it, well, technically it did.

He was about to overtake me when we both heard someone clear their throat. I quickly threw myself onto the couch and pretended to be relaxing, even though my breathing was still uneven.