Raven lifted her gun to look through the scope. "Grounder princess looks pissed." She pointed out as she put the gun back down.

"Our princess has that effect." Bellamy countered.

I lightly laughed to myself. "She sure does."

Over to my left, I could hear Jasper start to stir. "Oh no. No, this is bad." Looking over at him, he had his eyes fixated on the trees.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Bellamy asked, leaning closer to him.

Jasper lifted his gun to look through the scope of his gun and had a panicked look on his face. "There's Grounders in the trees."

"What?" Raven said.

"Where?" Bellamy demanded as he looked through the scope of his gun again.

"Are you sure?" Raven asked, doing the same.

"Jasper, where?" I asked, looking at the trees.

Bellamy slightly shook his head. "I don't see anything."

Jasper kept looking through his scope at the trees with heavy breaths. "They're gonna shoot." He started getting louder and coming out from the bushes more insight. "Clarke, run! RUN!" Jasper shouted as he began frantically shooting at the trees.

Chaos broke out. The Grounders that really were in the trees started shooting arrows at our people on the bridge. I lifted my gun and aimed it at the trees. Granted, I'd never actually shot a gun before, but how hard could it be? I started shooting at the trees, hoping I hit something.

It turned out shooting a gun was hard. When I fired one of the shots, the kickback sent me to the ground. I fell on my ass, groaning in pain because of my shoulder. I could already feel the bruises coming in.

Bellamy, Raven, and Jasper kept shooting at the trees. Raven starts yelling, "Go! Go!" Bellamy grabbed me by the arm and pulled me off the ground. He tried to fire off one last shot when the gun didn't fire; I assumed those bullets were duds.

"Bellamy, we gotta go!" I shouted, tugging his arm. He didn't hesitate, and both of us ran up the hill to where everyone should be.

Bellamy and I made it up the hill, following Jasper and Raven. Clarke cut in front of us, starting to run; Bellamy and I look behind to see Finn following us. I gave Finn a look before starting to run. We all sprinted back towards camp as fast as we could.

"Did I ever mention I hate running?" I grumbled.

❣︎

Sometime during our sprint back to camp, it became pitch black outside. I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't a little worried that there were Grounders in the trees watching us. I pushed those thoughts aside and focused on running, running, and getting somewhat safe behind our walls. God, I hate running.

Once we made it just outside of camp walls, we stopped. All of us panting, trying to catch our breaths. I bend over and put my hands on my knees, breathing heavily.

Standing next to Bellamy, I could tell he was giving Finn a death glare. "You got something to say?"

"Yeah. I told you no guns!" Finn rushed out, facing Clarke.

"I told you we could trust the Grounders." Clarke countered. "I was right."

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven shouted at Finn.

Turning to Raven, Finn said, "I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun."

"You're lucky she brought that!" Bellamy snarled. "They came there to kill you, Finn."

"You don't know that. Jasper fired the first shot!" Finn snapped.

"Don't blame Jasper. He was right, there were Grounders in the trees ready to shoot you guys!" I yelled.

"And what exactly were you guys doing?" Finn fired back. "You were ready to shoot them!"

"You ruined everything." Octavia said quietly to Jasper cutting off me and Finn's arguing. Octavia headed back into camp without saying another word.

Jasper had wide eyes at what Octavia said. "I saved you!" She just ignored him and kept walking. Jaspers scoffed before saying, "You're welcome." He pushed past all of us and into camp.

"Well if we weren't at war already we sure as hell are now." Finn said with a disapproving look on his face. Looking directly at Clarke, he started again, "You didn't have to trust the Grounders. You just had to trust me." With that, he walked straight past everyone and into camp, Raven following right after him.

With the remaining three of us watching them leave, Bellamy decided to speak. "Like I said, best Unity Day ever." I had no clue what he means by that, I know he's being sarcastic, but this was the worst Unity Day ever.

Just as I was about to head into camp, I heard a faint explosion in the distance. The three of us turned our heads to the sky, watching what looked like the Exodus ship enter the atmosphere — a bright light surrounding it.

"The Exodus ship?" Bellamy questioned. "Your Mom's early."

Clarke had a huge smile on her face keeping her eyes locked on the Exodus ship. She gave a laugh in amazement that her Mom was coming.

Still watching the Exodus ship, the bright light fades, and it didn't seem to be stopping. It was getting faster and faster as it came closer to landing, and no parachute had deployed yet. My face turned puzzled at the Exodus ship; by now, it should be slowing down. If it didn't, everyone aboard that ship would die instantly.

"Wait." Clarke started her breathing getting heavier and the smile disappearing from her face. "Too fast. No parachute? Somethings wrong."

Watching the Exodus ship inch closer and closer to the ground, it still doesn't stop. We watched it go behind two mountains. I couldn't see the initial explosion at first but, I could see the bright light from it and the mushroom cloud.

"Oh my God." I breathed out.

Clarke stumbled back in complete and utter shock. Tears started to form in her eyes she dropped to her knees.

"Clarke?" I said, going to kneel in front of her. "Clarke, it's going to be okay." I tell her as I wrap my arms around her shoulders. She was hesitant at first, but she gave in and hugged back and started to sob. Still in the hug, I looked up to Bellamy, who just had an apologetic look on his face. I started to rub Clarke's back, trying to comfort her as much as I could. "It's going to be okay."

❣︎

A/N
i start school tomorrow yay!!
me: 😩😩

well that's all for now.
-annie