Again......and again ......and again.

I feel my heart pound against my chest. Each beat a mere echo ricocheting off the walls in my head.

He spins me once more on the way down and when my shoes touch the ground I still feel like I'm flying.

We return to the positions we started in. Two of our hands intertwined, his free on my waist and mine his shoulder.

We slow until the end of the song and he twirls me one last time before sliding his hand to my back and lowering me backwards.

Our faces are centimetres apart. Our noses almost touching and our breaths fanning each other's lips.

The last notes of the music play and he ever so slowly brings me back up.

It is not until moments later when a flurry of noise invades my ears, that I come out of the trance.

Everyone is either clapping or turning to talk to whoever is beside them about the dance we just shared.

I cannot see them but I can hear them.

Me and Lucas continue to stare at one another other.

I see something in his eyes. They are sparkling. Shining with something I do not know.

Suddenly, Lucas's name is called from nearby and we both take another second to look towards the person responsible.

It is the boy from before. The one Lucas was hanging out with.

He has black hair and fair skin, making him look almost vampire like. He has on a similar outfit to Lucas but instead of not wearing a tie, his is loose around his neck.

He stops next to us and I realise he is equally as tall as Lucas and.....surprise, surprise, he has a mischevuous smile on his face.

Of course they're friends.

"Well, well, well. Now what do we have here?" He slings his arm over Lucas's shoulders once again and looks from him to me and back again.

"Shut up, Angel." Lucas removes his arm from him and flings it back at his body.

"Angel?" I question.

"That's me. Angel Cohen. Lucas's more handsome, friendly, charming, smarter and just all around better, best friend."

I raise my brows as Lucas rolls his eyes.

"Don't be fooled by him. His name may be Angel but he's all Devil."

"Hey! What are you talking about? Besides isn't that what they call you?"

Lucas rolls his eyes once again. Something i'm beginning to find we have in common.

"But enough about me. Who might you be?"

Angel turns to me and smirks that stupid smirk again.

"I'm Madelaina. Madelaina Ferrara."

He lifts my hand and bends to kiss it.

"Well the pleasure is all mine......Madelaina."

The way he says my name, with mischief in his voice and mirth in his cobalt blue eyes, sends my heart down to my stomach.

He releases my hand and turns his head towards Lucas.

"Gio still not here?"

"No. He's not coming."

"Seriously?" Angel huffs before looking at me.
"I guess we'll just have to replace him for the night. What do you say, Princess?"

I open my mouth only to close it again. I can feel myself getting anxious again and fist the fabric of my dress in my hand.

Luckily, I don't have to answer. Because Lucas does it for me.

"No."

Angel raises his eyebrows as he looks at Lucas.

"No?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Come on. I want to get to know your new friend." He says the word "friend" suggestively, making me hold my dress tighter.

"She's not my friend. Nor is she yours." He glares at Angel.

Okay. That was rude.

"Is that so?"

"It is."

"You sure about that?"

Dio mio! If Angel wasn't Caucasian or if Lucas wasn't Italian I would bet that they were brothers.

Lucas flicks his eyes to me for a brief second. "I'm sure."

"You sue...?"

"You asking to die?"

"Come on! Don't be a dick. She's been by herself all night. You wanna leave her alone for four more hours?"

Have they both been watching me?

Lucas's gaze meets mine for another moment before he looks back at Angel.

"She'll be fine."

"Will you?" Angel asks me.

Finding my voice, I reply, "I think I can manage. It's not the first time I've been to a ball and spent it alone."

"Damn, Princess. That sounds sad as hell."

"It's not as bad as it sounds."

"Well, if your sure." He relents.

He bends once again to kiss my hand. "I hope we see each other again, Princess."

I smile at him despite the fact of the situation.

I have to give it to him. He is quite charming, in his own way.

He then shares a look with Lucas before shaking his head with a smirk and walking away slowly.

Lucas however, stays.

He looks at me and then takes a step closer.

My breath hitches and I clutch the fabric of my skirts tighter.

But all he does is pick off a piece of imaginary lint off of the shoulder of my dress.

As always, his eyes never leave mine.

He leans in close and bends to whisper in my ear. His breath a scorching heat against my neck.

"See you soon, Belladonna ."

He steadily returns to his full hight and takes a step back before walking away, after his friend. His fingers feathering over mine as he brushes past.

I blink after a few moments and shake my head, walking back to my spot by the wall.

When I get there I notice something glittering on the small table stand.

A glass. A glass of water.

I wrap my fingers around the cup and feel it is a little warm. Meaning it's been here for at least ten minutes.

Did he......?

I look towards the people and search for him. But when I lay my eyes on his, near the opposite side of the room, leaning against the wall, he is already looking at me.

He brings his own glass up to his lips and takes a sip of what looks like iced tea.

He did.

I raise the glass, still holding his stare. But right before it touches my lips, I reenact his smirk from earlier and proceed to pour the water into the plant pot also residing on the table.

His tongue comes out to lick his lips, right before they lift up the tiniest amount.

He shakes his head. It is almost unnoticeable, just like his small smile.

I leave the glass on the table and with a sudden surge of confidence, go to retrieve my own.