019. ꕥ Temporary Relief

Start from the beginning

"There's some wire on the second level. I used it for the tents." Octavia suggested.

"Let's see it." Clarke nodded to her.

"Stay away from the blue wires that run through the ceiling. I rigged it to the solar cells in the roof." Raven explained, and when Octavia didn't seem to be paying attention, Raven snapped. "That means they're got you got that!?"

"Yeah, I got that." Octavia said, going to climb up the ladder.

As I was still trying to ring out the cloths for Clarke, Raven said to her, "Tell me you can do this."

Before Clarke got a chance to respond, someone called out, "Hey, they're back," as Bellamy entered the Dropship, and I felt like a weight was being lifted off my shoulders that I didn't know I was carrying. Bellamy was followed by two kids dragging in the Grounder that took Octavia by the arms.

Now, what the hell is he doing?

I stopped what I was doing and walked over to where they had just dropped the unconscious Grounder. I watched him with a very close eye; I didn't want him stabbing anyone else. Looking up at Bellamy, his clothes were soaked with rain, and his hair was in a mopped mess as it fell in front of his face.

"Bellamy!" Octavia called out from the ladder where she stopped. She then dropped from it. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers." Bellamy explained sternly.

"Oh, you mean revenge?" Octavia tried to correct.

"I mean intel." Bellamy then corrected his sister before ordering the two kids who brought him in. "Get him upstairs."

"Bellamy, she's right." Clarke came up to him.

Just as she did that, Abby's voice could be heard through the speakers. "Clarke, honey, we're ready. Can you hear me?"

Hearing this, Bellamy's face went pale, and his eyes stared at the speaker. He looked like he saw a ghost — like his world just ended right then and there.

Clarke looked shameful when she looked from the speaker to the Grounder, then Bellamy. "This is not who we are."

Finally taking his gaze off the speakers, he looked to Clarke. It seemed like something just switched inside of him that made him both angry and annoyed. Looking at Clarke, he told her, "It is now."

Before he could go anywhere, I grabbed his arm, turning him back to face me as I asked with a soft tone, "What are you doing?"

"Getting answers." He said simply.

"Yeah, I heard you the first time you said that." I looked him dead in the eyes. "I mean, what are you really doing?"

Bellamy didn't give me a response; he just took his arm back and climbed the ladder. I stood there wondering what the hell kind of plan he had in his head to get answers.

After the two guys took the Grounder upstairs, Clarke inspected the wound further. "Okay, Mom?"

"Yes, honey?"

Clarke was now pacing beside the table that Finn was on. "The blade is at a sharp upward angle, between the sixth and seventh ribs."

"Okay, how deep?" Abby asked with urgency in her voice.

Clarke stopped pacing at Finn's beside. "Well, I can't tell how deep it goes."