Keith blinked. "Isn't there anything ... techy you want to say?"

"There's nothing to say," said Pidge. "I've never seen anything like this before."

"I'll do a bio check," volunteered Hunk. He got back a beep. "Huh. There aren't any life sources on the vessel."

Violet's heart sank. "But who made the distress call?"

"Probably someone on the other side of the ship," said Allura. "We must go through the wormhole to find them."

"Are you referring to the almost certainly dangerous, explosive sparkly wormhole?" asked Lance. 

"Sounds safe," Violet said cheerfully. "Let's go."

"Watch Voltron's energy levels, Pidge. Everybody else, get ready to back out if things get heated," Keith ordered, moving Voltron towards the black hole.

Voltron inched forward into the white mass of energy. Violet gasped as it was enveloped. Voltron appeared on the other side, but Coran was gone - along with the rest of the space they were in.

Hunk detected multiple biorhythms aboard the ship, oddly. The only choice was to enter the spacecraft and find the Alteans.

Violet let the hope she'd been cultivating grow. Could her mother be one of the Alteans on the ship?

Violet and the others snuck onto the ship, entering an abandoned chamber. "Can we get a message to broadcast over the speakers?" suggested Violet. "Some kind of announcement that we're here?"

"Uh, guys?" asked Hunk.

"No," Allura replied, cutting over him. "We don't have access to the ship's mainframe. It seems to be broken anyways."

"Could we power it?" Violet prompted. "Because we're Alteans?"

"Guys," Hunk said, louder. "You really need to-"

"You shouldn't," Keith interrupted. "Both of you. We don't know what kind of ship this is, or who's on it. We shouldn't engage."

"Guys!" Hunk yelled. "The biorhythms are getting really close to us!"

"What?!" Violet yelped, frantically smoothing down her hair. "Why didn't you say so sooner?"

Before Hunk could answer, the doors banged open, and people entered the room. Violet gasped as she saw their faces - Alteans.

The woman who looked to be in charge had raspberry-colored hair, her gaze fierce as she scoured the group. Her eyes fell on Allura, and they widened in surprise. "Your Majesty!"

Allura looked around, confused. "I - I beg your pardon?"

The woman dropped to one knee. "Are you Allura, former Empress of Altea?"

"It's just Princess Allura," Allura replied. "Stand, please."

"My name is General Hira," the woman said, rising. "How can you be alive? You were killed over ten thousand years before. All the same, we are honored to be in your pre-" She finally saw Violet, and she stepped back in shock. Hira recovered, her face contorting in anger, and shouted, "It's her! Guards!"

The people behind her in armor rushed for Violet. "What is the meaning of this?" Allura demanded. "We come here to help you!"

Violet drew her blades as the guards circled her. "I apologize, Empress," Hira said, "But this is the Scythe."

Violet snorted so hard she almost dropped her dagger. "Excuse me?"

Hira turned her angry gaze on Violet. "Thanks to Empress Allura's work, Zarkon's reign ended before it could begin. But some Galra still gathered their armies. They bided their time, growing stronger, until they had enough power to begin attacking Altea. They were aided by one of our own - an Altean."