Chapter 38

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

Liras POV - It's bold and underlined

The sun shone through the windows, lighting up the room. Despite the fact that we both slept very late last night, I felt wide awake. I stirred, feeling the sheets on my body. He must have tucked me in. He's so fucking cute. I turned to look at him. He looked so innocent as he slept. I loved his dark long lashes, his smile and most definitely his curly head of hair.

His eyes fluttered open and when he met my gaze, he smiled. "Good morning." He whispered. Although there was no one else in the room, the intimacy was beautiful. "Good morning." I replied with a smile of my own. He always made me smile and laugh.

I watched him sit up, his toned back faced me and then I saw the array of scratch marks that I left behind. I would feel guilty but I think he enjoyed it as much as I did. He walked completely naked to the bathroom and I heard water running. I sat upright and tossed my legs of the side of the bed. My legs felt tingly as I recalled the sensations I felt from last night.

After he finished taking his shower, I took mine and stared at myself in the mirror. Dark marks were dotted around my neck and chest, his claim on me. I tamed my hair and put it back into a ponytail. After changing into jeans and a T-shirt, I placed a leather jacket on. My makeup remained minimal because it seemed like a warm day.

Enzo was already waiting for me looking fuckable as ever. He chose to wear a T-shirt which exposed his tattooed arms. His wrist bore a watch and he had his phone in hand. Whenever he seemed to look at me, it was like his heart stopped for a second as did mine when I looked at him.

"Where are you going?" Raphael asked us. He was stood smoking against a car outside. He too was dressed casual, his hair being more of a rugged mess. "To a museum." Enzo replied at which Raphael looked at him like he suddenly turned into a monster. "Would you like to come?" I asked him seriously. He looked between us both and started to walk away. "No no. I just remembered, I have to take Sergio for a walk otherwise he'll get cranky." I chuckled at his behaviour.

It wasn't long until Enzo and I reached the museum and it was absolutely beautiful. The building itself was a work of art being adorned in intricate patterns. I couldn't help but feel giddy. We paid for the entrance fee and a guided tour. Throughout the tour, the guide pointed out each of the stunning fabragè eggs. I admired their beauty and Enzo asked about their worth. The egg I liked the most was the rose bud, worth an astonishing four million dollars.

"Shit." I exclaimed with wide eyes when the tour guide dropped the value, to which he frowned at my use of language. Enzo seemed quite bored but he entertained himself by phoning someone. I asked the guide more questions, specifically why the egg was worth that much.

"Lira." Enzo said, tapping my shoulder to grab my attention. I hummed as I looked at him. "I know a man who knows the owner of the collection. He's willing to sell me the egg. So would you like it?" He spoke. I couldn't comprehend what he was saying.

"No, fuck what?" I said with furrowed brows. "This egg?" I gasped turning back to look at the blood red egg through the bulletproof glass. He hummed. "Any egg you want."

Fuck. Although I wanted to say yes, I turned down his offer. What would I even do with it?

Enzo and I decided to have lunch and afterwards we went for a walk. I held his hand and laughed at his jokes. We walked into a store that sold accessories, very expensive ones at that. I picked up a pair of dark sunglasses and held them to my eyes. "I think we pissed off the Russians." I spoke as I placed the glasses down.