Chapter 4

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
REFERENCES TO RAPE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS

"Raf get up, we have business to attend to." I said as I pulled open the curtains in his room. The bright sunlight flooded in and I'm certain if he was a vampire, he would have perished. His room was dark with clothes strewn about. The maids constantly picked up after him but it didn't stop him.

"Oh fuck! Enzo." He grumbled as he hid his face amongst the pillows. His back was bare, his legs tangled in the sheets. "Get up you lazy shit." I chuckled and left the room satisfied with the fact that I woke him up. We had some business to deal with.

I walked into the large kitchen and drank a cup of coffee while I waited. "Boss would you like anything?" A maid asked me. I glanced up from my phone and looked at the young woman. She had her dark hair in a neat bun and was extremely timid. "No thank you and I've told you, Vicenzo is fine." I replied. She smiled politely before going back to whatever it was she was doing.

Just then Raphael walked into the kitchen, now all dressed and looking smart. He had his shirt tucked into his trousers and a couple of buttons were undone, exposing his chest slightly. He smiled at the maid and headed for the fridge. I knew he and the maid had a little tryst despite me telling him not to. It was insanely obvious. "You lose Raf." I smirked.

He pulled his head out of the fridge and looked at me. "What?" He muttered. He found a sandwich and placed it onto a plate. He took a seat on the stool across from me. I watched as he took a big bite. "You lost. You fucked a girl." I stated.

He put down his sandwich and licked his lips. "I did not. I haven't touched a woman." He shook his head. "The maid..come on Raf. It was pretty obvious." I said.

"No. I don't know what you're talking about." He gulped and looked elsewhere. Either he was just shitty liar or I could always tell. "You're just afraid to admit it. You're afraid I'll tell Mara." I chuckled. He breathed out a deep sigh of agitation. 

"Fine. I couldn't help myself. Happy. Don't tell Mara." He admitted and began to eat his sandwich again. "You aren't supposed to fuck the maids you fucking ass. How many times have I told you that?" I rubbed my head.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I've lost count Enzo...so poker?" He said, his dark eyes looking at me in anticipation. "Poker." I confirmed. I could never be angry at Raphael, he was like my brother after all.

We drove off for a casino after finishing breakfast. I had some men to see or rather to deal with. After stepping out from the car, we walked into the casino. It was just past midday so it wasn't busy at all.

The casino was painted a deep red with haphazardly hung paintings across the walls. We were met with the allure of musky smoke. I could see many guards in the dim lighting, all holding guns. I was also equipped with a single gun, not that I required it.

I looked around the large room, there were several tables and chairs but not the men I came here to see.

I was promptly stopped by a guard and I looked down at him. "It would be best to get out of my way." I said slowly. He furrowed his thick eyebrows deeply and his fingers gripped his gun tighter. I sighed heavily and rubbed my eyes.

"Stand down." A voice called out. I looked across to see a man. "My apologies Vicenzo. What can I do for you?" He stood a few feet away from me. He wore a dark blue shirt with a gold chain around his neck. His hair was slicked back and his face was clean shaven.

"I've come for a game Marco." I said as I watched the guard back away. "There are no games, maybe you can come back later." Marco said gruffly, his voice uneven and deep. "I said I've come for a game. Do you understand?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Did he want to piss me off because he was doing a good job of it.