Chapter 20

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
DRUGS/ALCOHOL
BLOOD/GORE

"So tell me Vicenzo, will I regret allowing you to date my sister?" Admir asked, his face was shrouded in the darkness of the club we were in. He was a cold, unforgiving man. His presence was powerful. The man did not even utter a single word yet everyone in the club moved out of his way, not even the women dared to throw themselves at him. 

I admired how much he cared about Lira. He was a good man. "I shouldn't hope so. I'll just try to not fuck it up this time." I said, my face was cold and blank to match his mood. I took a sip of skrapar; a type of spirit only produced in Albania. It was strong and bitterly sharp.

"As you know I would defend Lira until my last dying breath, however, sometimes she truly is a spoilt little bitch. Don't feel like you need to walk on eggshells around her, she won't like it." Admir said as he sipped his drink with ease.

"I wouldn't dream of changing for anyone but she finds it's hard to trust and I can't trust just anyone." I spoke. Admir rubbed his stubble and clenched his jaws as if he was remembering  something. "You have to understand Vicenzo, our parents were not around. She never had a mother figure growing up and as much as I cared for her, I wasn't around a lot." He said calmly.

"You're good for her. Now what do you say if I want to do a little bit of business with you?" He asked as he placed his glass down onto the tabletop. It was only him and I in the quietest  booth in the club. The rest of the place was loud and filled with people.

"I've noticed you don't have any guards with you. And business, what kind?" I said as I poured myself another small glass of spirit.

He chuckled lightly, subtle dimples appearing on his cheeks. "I don't need guards, this is my home. And I'd like to propose a little arrangement. Every month for a shipment to pass through America to here." He said.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the shipment would either be dirty money or drugs. "I'll allow it, in return I want something from you." I agreed. He hummed and raised a brow.

"I want to learn from you." I said without breaking eye contact. His face remained expressionless but soon he wore a smile. "You want to learn from me?" He asked clearly amused.

I nodded gently. "Of course. No amount of shipments could possibly be worth your knowledge. I want to know how it is possible for you to walk so freely without guards. I'm not too proud to admit that."

He licked his lips and ran a hand through his dark hair before he looked at me. He held his hand out. "Very well Vicenzo, you have a deal." I shook his hand and it was done.

"One of the reasons I said yes was because of Lira. She's not greatly interested in our Mafia. And since I have no heirs, it would have gone to her but she's too volatile." He spoke.

"That doesn't still explain why you would would want to teach me." I furrowed my brows at the man. Fucking hell, he enjoyed talking in riddles.

He smiled and rubbed his eyes. "Lira will have heirs you see, whether they're with you or not. Still, it wouldn't hurt to teach you. I have nothing to lose and only an alliance to gain."

Fuck. He had it all planned out. This was why his Mafia was so powerful. This is why every other Mafia dared to breathe in his direction for he would eradicate you from existence. I had never thought about heirs but eventually the time would come. I was young and there was plenty of time.

"Why do you have no children?" I asked him out of curiosity. He chuckled and cleared his throat. Before he could answer he smiled at someone across the room. I turned in the direction he was looking at to see Lira.