Chapter 15

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
REFERENCES TO RAPE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

The next day Raf and I got ready. I managed to wake him up once more which was quite funny. I checked my gun and placed it into my pocket and I also placed my knife into my pocket. Today I needed both.

I was waiting by the front door when I saw Raf walk up. He was tucking in his shirt and he held his sunglasses in his teeth. "Let's go fuck some shit up." He grinned while placing his sunglasses atop his head.

He looked at me when I made no move to leave. I simply waited. She was running slightly late. I didn't say a word to Raf last night until he looked as if he would burst, so I told him that Lira and I had dinner and watched a movie. Nothing more. He looked amused when I said it wasn't code for netflix and chill.

I heard a motorbike roar up the path. Sergio and the guards were told to let her through. I opened the door and saw her take off her helmet, her dark hair flurried out and fell neatly around her shoulders. She smiled when she saw me and tugged off her leather gloves. "Enzo." She greeted. "Hi." I replied.

"What the hell is she doing here? Uh hello, we're going out Enzo or do you want me to go alone?" Raf said quickly as he looked at Lira in shock. "I told her she could come." I said and slapped his bicep. "And watch what you're saying, you fucking ass."

Lira chuckled finding our interaction amusing. "What's got your panties in a twist Raphael, I thought you liked me?" She smiled at him. He didn't answer her and chewed the inside of his cheek. "Girl trouble." Lira stated.

"What-how did you know?" Raf chocked out. "I just know." She said and pulled out some chewing gum from her pocket. She handed it to Raf who happily took it. He went ahead to the car that was waiting for us and it was just Lira and I. "That pasta. You don't happen to have some leftovers?" Lira asked as she walked with me slowly.

"Unfortunately Raf inhaled the rest of it last night..but if you liked it, I could always make you some more." I said. She hummed. "So what exactly will we be doing today?" She asked as she stopped at her bike.

"I've heard of a little operation going on. Prostitution. I don't take kindly to anything like that going on, especially when the men running it are tarnishing my name." I replied straight faced.

Lira nodded and watched me. "Just how far will go you?" She asked. "Everyone dies." I stated casually. I've made up my mind. What is the point in letting them live? They wouldn't be fearful of me and they would do it again. I can't have that especially since I'd be eventually returning to Italy once more.

Lira chuckled and I looked at her in curiosity. I sometimes forget that she has also been raised in a mafia. "That's what I like to hear...now do you want to ride with me or Raphael?" She asked while getting onto her motorbike. She grabbed her helmet and adjusted it. I noticed that she didn't care if the helmet ruined her hair.

"Was that even a question?" I chuckled and took a seat behind her. I also put on a helmet and held onto her waist. We drove off after the car because Lira did not know the destination or the roads very well. She just liked driving. It seemed to thrill her immensely.

We stopped just before a cesspit of apartments. They were disgusting, with broken windows and the smell that wafted through the air was absolutely putrid. Trash littered the street with many broken alcohol bottles. This area was in a rough neighbourhood, I didn't come by often.

Lira and I stood side by side as we waited for Raf and Sergio to join us. I could see the disgust that filled her eyes, she was used to seeing places like this but she didn't like it. Neither did I.