Chapter 2

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING

My alarm rang and I groaned as I turned it off. I rubbed my face and tossed my legs off the side of the bed. It was early and my day had just began. The same fucking day with a meeting later on. Shit, I was not looking forward to that.

I got up and put on some joggers and stretched out my toned tattooed arms. Brushing my teeth, I looked into the mirror. Stubble lined my strong jawline, my hair was in a curly mess and my inked chest also stared back at me. It has been a while since I've seen my parents, I may go and see them soon.

"You ready Sergio?" I asked as I stepped out from my room. He too wore only joggers. "Of course." He replied as he headed downstairs. I highly doubted Raphael would be awake, no doubt exhausted from last night.

The cool air hit me as I walked outside. It would most definitely be warmer later on in the day but I liked running before anyone was up. I saw Sergio running ahead and I started off after him, my pace even and steady.

"What's on your mind?" Sergio asked as he slowed down so he was at my pace. "The fucking meeting." I growled as I looked ahead. "It'll be over before you know it." He patted my back. I fucking hated meetings, they were long and tedious.

"You look like you could take some inspiration from Raf." He chuckled as he continued to run, his steps controlled and effortless. "What?" I furrowed my brows at him. "You know, you could use some woman time." He smirked. The fucking dick. "Shut the fuck up." I shook my head at him and sprinted ahead.

"What I'm just saying! Vi..Vicenzo wait up." He panted after me. I smirked as I ran faster. We eventually headed home and I was greeted by the sight of the woman from last night. She sat on one of the stools in the kitchen. I noticed her ruffled hair and mascara stained face. She seemed as if she wanted to say something but stopped herself. She had no trouble last night. Perhaps she was drunk.

I pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge and took a few sips, relishing the cool liquid.  "So you're Enzo?" The woman spoke up quietly. I turned to face her, her cheeks visibly reddened and I remembered I wasn't wearing a shirt. "It's Vicenzo." I corrected looking directly at her. Only family and friends could call me Enzo, it was otherwise disrespectful.

"Oh right..and you're the Mafia king?" She asked timidly. "I am." I said. I could hardly be bothered to strike up a conversation with her. It's exhausting at times. I could see her thinking it over. I raised a hand before she could open her mouth. "My guard will escort you out, give you money for dry cleaning and will call a taxi." I spoke.

I nodded at Sergio who went ahead and led her out. Fucking hell. What's wrong with Raphael? "Where is she?" He asked as the man himself appeared. He looked utterly disheveled, he groaned and looked in the fridge.

"She left." I stated. He hummed and pulled out a can of soda. He popped it open and drank it quickly. "I'm thinking of going to America soon. What do you think?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "To see your parents?" He surmised.

"Yes. And some business to take care of." I said as I began to leave the room. "All right Enzo, wherever you go, I go, my king." He mocked as he bowed deeply. "Stop being so fucking stupid you little shit." I growled, unable to hide the smile behind my words.

"Fight me." He grinned, his dark eyes sparkled. "You do realise I could take you out with just one punch?" I chuckled. His lips twitched and he turned around in defeat. That's what I thought. Raphael was a good fighter but I was just that little bit better.

I went ahead and had a quick shower and changed into a suit, omitting the tie. I tucked my white shirt into my trousers and brushed my hair, although it remained somewhat curly. I sprayed on some aftershave and picked out a watch to wear.