Chapter 12

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS

Lira and I reached an underground club. I have been to this club many times, I don't think she knew so it was all fun and games. The club was busier than usual. I suspect there was a good match on in the ring.

The large room was dimmed with soft lighting, private booths dotted the right side, with the ring being just to the left. There was a huge crowd of people cheering the fighters on in the ring. Two fucking amateurs. It would be a ridiculous short lived match.

Our booth was the quietest one which allowed me to get to know her better. She told me about her flaws and I hushed her. She had none that I could see. She was afraid of confined spaces and she was allergic to shellfish. The more she talked the more I found out about her, the more I felt myself falling for her.

Fuck.

"So what about you Enzo? What are you afraid off?" She asked crossing her legs. She sipped on a martini. I relaxed back and crossed my legs, placing one arm on the side of the sofa. "Shall I pretend that I'm not afraid of anything?" I licked my lips.

"Everyone's afraid of something. You are no exception." She chuckled. I hummed. "I'm afraid of losing my family." I replied honestly. My family were everything to me and I would do anything for them. If I lost them, I'd lose myself.

Lira placed her glass down and stood up. She walked over to me and took a seat beside me. "That's...I'm also afraid of losing my brother. He is the only family I have. My father is an alcoholic and my mother.." She gulped while looking down at her hands.

"You don't have to tell me." I said as I shuffled so I faced her. She smiled gently as she looked at me, her head slightly tilted. "Perhaps one day." She sighed.

She rubbed her eyes, she was so close to me and I just wanted to hold her hand. But fuck, she might just kill me. She pulled out a joint and lit it up. She inhaled and blew out a cloud of smoke. She held out it out for me.

"I don't smoke." I said. She furrowed her brows. "But-" She started before I cut her off. "I smoke cigarettes but not drugs. They are just very very bad." I teased with a mischievous smile. "Does that make me a very bad girl?" She smirked back. I saw her stub the joint out and toss it onto the coffee table in front of us.

"You didn't have to put it out." I said as I looked down at it. "I did." She smiled, her cheeks rosy. "You own this place don't you?" She asked, relaxing back. I couldn't help but feel the adrenaline rush through my veins. Here she was. With me. Fuck.

"How could you tell?" I asked her and sipped some of my drink. "Everyone treats you with respect, they don't look in your direction for more than ten seconds...plus everyone calls you boss." She said. Fuck I could listen to her voice all day.

"You're right but also wrong." I chuckled quietly before taking another sip of my drink. She pushed my glass away from my mouth. "How?" She asked. She just had to be right.

"This is my dads place." I said. She ran a hand though her hair. "I should have fucking known." She chuckled. "How could you have known. I was surprised myself when you stopped here." I chuckled back.

As the night went on, I found out more about her. She liked sushi and she hated misogynistic men. Fucking hell. What's not to like. She was fucking perfect.

"Raphael is a bitch." I chuckled making her laugh. "He's the one you were with. The rolled sleeves ladies man." Lira grinned. "The very one." I sipped on my third glass of alcohol.

"My brother is the same." She bit her lip and giggled. She was definitely almost drunk. "How? He seems so..." I said as I searched for the word. "So mature. So gentlemanly. No he's a bitch. You know he has killed every man I have ever liked." She said seriously.