Ch. 36 - "Wake up!"

"SO THIS PSYCHOPATH HAS BEEN watching you? And he wants to hurt you?" Dad asked, completely in shocked

"Yes," I answered.

"Why didn't you come to us before now? You knew you were in danger for a while now," Mom said, pacing back and forth in confusion.

Joshua and I decided to come clean to my parents about everything. We even brought Luke, a detective who worked with Brent and Campbell on a case years ago, over to inform him what Sebastian is doing.

"I didn't want you two to get involved. I thought it would make things worse," I explained, trying to make them understand. Joshua grabbed ahold of my hand, and my father looked at us in anger.

"Tim was right," Dad said, getting up from his chair, and threw his finger in Joshua's face. "You are bad news, Joshua. You put my daughter in danger, and what? Insisted that she didn't tell us so you can keep your dirty secret?!"

Joshua didn't seem faze with my Dad, and that's what scared me the most. Joshua was calm like my Dad wasn't screaming at him.

"It's not his fault!" I argued, standing up from my seat, catching my father's attention.

"Why don't we all calm down?" Luke suggested, calmly, as he took in the situation.

"Joshua has and still is protecting me! He had no idea Sebastian would go after me until it was too late," I defended him to my parents.

"He shouldn't have taken you anyway near that damn place! He shouldn't have brought you into this in the first place!" Dad yelled as his face turned red.

"He tried not to! I was the one who made him take me! I made that choice, not him. I'm not going to stand here, and let you crush him when he hasn't done anything wrong! He has been the only person who has been there with me through everything over the last couple weeks! I am in love with him, and he is in love with me. There is nothing you two can say to change how we feel about each other!"

Dad shook his head,"I can't believe this. You are willingly to put yourself in danger for him! At least with Asher, I knew you were safe!"

"You really think so? Because it's wasn't too long ago he pinned me to a wall, and I'm pretty sure he was going to rape me until Joshua intervened. But go on, and still believe that crap. But just know that Joshua was the one who was there to save me from him."

I grabbed ahold of Joshua's hand, and I lead us outside the house on the front porch to get some air. I sat down on the porch swing, and Joshua sat down next to me.

After a minute of pure silence, Joshua said,"They are right, y'know? It's my fault you are in the middle of this."

I grabbed ahold of Joshua's face in my hands, and I shook my head.