Ch. 2 - FaceTimes

"HEY, BABE," Asher greeted me as he sat down beside me

Vanessa was in front of me, and the rest of Asher's friends sat in the empty spots.

"Hey, how was your morning classes?" I asked him as I stirred my mac and cheese.

"Great. Yours?"

I shrugged,"Boring. Joshua wanted to talk to me like in private."

Asher's eyes widen, and his whole body tensed. "Did you two talk?"

I shook my head,"No. I didn't want to be late for class."

He looked relived, and I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why? Is there something I need to know?" I asked him.

Asher shook his no,"No, cupcake. Everything is fine. Joshua is just being terrible like normal. You need to stay away from him. Who knows what he's capable of."

I nodded before taking a bite of my food. Asher talked with his friends, and I didn't mind it. This is usually how it goes. He talks with his friends at lunch, and after school, we go out for milkshakes and we talk.

"Jacob is throwing a party Friday night, are you two lovebirds in?" Carson, one of Asher's friends, asked before biting a slice of pizza.

I shrugged while Asher nodded. Then Asher said,"Oh yeah, we'll be there. Won't we, babe?"

He looked back at me with an excited grin. I couldn't tell him no. 

I nodded,"Of course. I mean it's the first party of the school year."

I hate parties. I drink once in a while, but parties are filled with drunk people who do stupid things. Then there is the people who can't keep their hands to themselves.

The bell rang, and we got up from table to throw our food away.

When I turned to walk towards the doors, I met a hard broad chest. I looked up to those icy blue eyes staring down at me.

Before either of us could say anything, Asher wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Is there a problem, Joshua?" Asher asked his younger brother.

Joshua tore his eyes away from mine, and he glared at his brother. Asher might be older, but Joshua is taller than him.

"Yeah. You are, you piece of shit," Joshua replied, angrily.

His voice was like velvet, and it made my legs feels like jello. It changed a lot from two years ago.

Asher rolled his eyes,"You are one to talk. Come on, babe, let's go."

We started walking past Joshua, and he said,"I wouldn't trust him, Annie. Ask him where he was this morning."

"Joshua, enough," Asher warned with a scowl on his face.