Ch. 27 - Soulmates

I STAYED HOME FOR THE REST OF the week

I STAYED HOME FOR THE REST OF the week. I just told my parents and my coach that I was sick. My Dad didn't push me to go to the doctor like he usual did, but I think he knew I was lying.

This week was slow anyways with school and soccer so I wasn't missing out on anything. I just stayed in my bed, watching as the days passed.

I would get up to use the restroom or get a shower, but I didn't feel like eating. However, my Mom made me eat at least a piece of toast and some soup. And I haven't sleep well either. Every night, I would get those nightmares again, making it impossible to sleep.

It was now Saturday afternoon, and I was still in my bed. But instead of moping around and crying, I was looking through my phone messages since I had my phone turned off all week. I was dressed in leggings and oversized gray sweatshirt. My hair was actually brushed and pulled into a braid.

My parents were out running errands, leaving me by myself. I decided that I was done moping around. I have to move past this one way or another.

And that brings us to me looking through my phone messages. There was several text messages from Vanessa, majority of them saying she was sorry and to call her.

A few were from girls on the soccer team, wishing I felt better soon. Two messages were from Tim, and I felt my heart drop.

I haven't talked to my brother in a while, but we have both been so busy with our own lives. I would usually text him everyday or vice versa.

favorite brother in the world ;)

hey, le, got a chance to talk?
i know you have been going through a lot.
hey, it's me again.
mom says you have been in bed all week claiming to be "sick."
call me when you get a chance pls.

im sorry tim. I just checked my messages. everything is fine. im fine. stop worrying over me & worry on that job of yours lol.

I sent the message to him before looking through my notifications once more. I was in the middle of scrolling when I completely stopped.

Joshua Carter missed call - 4:07
Joshua Carter missed call - 4:08
Joshua Carter missed call - 4:09

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as I looked at the date of the calls. Tuesday. The day after we called it quits.

Why would he be blowing my phone up after he left?

There were no text messages or voicemails; just the three missed calls. That's so strange. I clicked on Joshua's contact, I almost pressed the call button.

But then I realized I couldn't just call him. We were over, and I'm not even sure we are still friends. If I call him, he might blow up at me, and I can't take that right now.