Ch. 28 - The Mole

IT'S SATURDAY AFTERNOON, and I haven't hear from Leah since the other night

IT'S SATURDAY AFTERNOON, and I haven't hear from Leah since the other night. The only reason I know she is safe is because I
drove by her house multiple times throughout the day.

I haven't told her about Sebastian, but I don't think I should. It would just freak her out, and she doesn't need that on her plate right now.

Besides checking up on Leah, I have made progress with the mole in my group. Xavier and I will be meeting up with Jake and Eliza at our hangout spot near the river later and I will find out who is the mole.

All week during school Xavier and I have kept a closer eye on the both of them. It was the only thing that distracted me from Leah, so I focused mainly on the couple.

I'm going to be totally honest; I really hope it's not Jake. Even though we have our disagreements, he still has been one of my best friends since elementary, and it would suck to loose him.

"I didn't expect you and Leah to break up so soon. I guessing she found out you were a piece of shit," Asher's voice said behind me.

I turned around to see him, leaning against my door frame. He had a smirk on his face, but I didn't let his comment get to me. I needed to stay calm before I loose my shit on him.

"Get out of my room," I ordered, walking over to the door.

Asher laughed with a shake of his head, but he got off my door frame. As soon as he did, I slammed the door in his face. I walked back to my bed, and I went back to scrolling on my phone.

After two hours passed, Xavier showed up at my house. He was eating a slice of pizza as I finished getting dressed for tonight.

"So, have you talk to Leah?" Xavier asked me as I put on my shoes.

"No," I replied, making his mouth drop open.

"But you know how she feels," Xavier argued, confused with my actions.

"Exactly. I know how she feels about me, but I can't get her wrapped up into this. When she's around me, she is in more danger than she already is," I explained before grabbing my phone off the nightstand.

Xavier put his hands up in surrender. "Okay. I understand dude."

"Come on, let's get this over with."

Xavier and I left my room, and we walked downstairs to leave the house. As soon as I opened the front door, I noticed that the rain has finally stopped. However, the roads were still slick and wet. 

"You ready to do this?" Xavier asked me as we walked over to my car.

I nodded,"Yes."

Xavier and I got into my car, and I pulled out of the driveway. The sun was setting over the gray clouds, casting a small sunset. I drove safely on the roads, and Xavier and I didn't talk the whole ride.