Ch. 18 - Lies

"PERRY, YOU ARE THE QUICKEST so I need you to be open at all times

"PERRY, YOU ARE THE QUICKEST so I need you to be open at all times. Do you understand?" Coach asked me during our time out.

I nodded,"Yes, Coach."

We were almost done with first game of the season, and we were tied with the other team. We only had a few seconds before the game was done.

I was sweating, and I was exhausted. But I love every second of it. I love the rush of adrenaline while I run down the field, kicking the ball around people.

I already had a bruise forming on my leg from where a girl tried to sweep kick the ball from me, but she missed the ball and kicked me with her cleat.

"Now get out and show them who is a winner!" Coach yelled, making me and my teammates ran back onto the field.

We lined up in our positions, and they had the ball. The referee blew his whistle, and that's when everything was set into motion.

One of the girls on the other team kicked the ball to another girl who was running towards the goal. While my teammates started defending me, I ran to the girl, trying to reach her before she reached the goal.

I caught up to her in no time, and I came in from the side so she didn't even realize I was there. She went to kick the ball a little further, and when she did, I used that opportunity to kick it back towards my goal.

I didn't even pay attention to her before I started running with the ball, making sure it wasn't getting to far away from me.

I heard people cheering in the stands, and I used that to keep going. I was almost to the goal when a girl tried to block me from the goal.

I darted to one side before quickly darting to the other, making her fall when she tried to block me. All that stood before me and the net was the goalie.

I backed up a little, and I kicked the ball with all of my strength. I held my breath as the goalie went to block it. But she was too slow.

The ball went passed her, and it hit the net. Smiling, I cheered as the buzzer went off, signaling the end of the game.

My teammates run up to me, and we all cheered and hugged each other.

"And that's it folks! The Lady Wasps have won their first game of the season! Well done ladies!" The announcer exclaimed in the microphone.

I made sure to give everybody a hug beside Brooke. She just kept scowling at me, but I didn't care. I was too happy to be worried about her.

I ran to the stands where my family was sitting. Not only did my family showed up, but some of the Cades were here as well cheering me on as well.

But they weren't the ones I was looking for. There was one person I was looking for, and I scanned where my family sat looking for his icy blue eyes.

"Annie!" I heard his voice behind me.