Ch. 4 - Scenerio

"WHAT CAN I GET FOR YOU TWO TONIGHT?" A waitress asked us

Joshua and I were at a diner. After the whole meltdown, Joshua insisted that I get something to eat.

I was in one of his sweatshirts, and a pair of his slids since I threw my shoes at Asher's truck.

My heart started to hurt just thinking about him.

"Leah?" Joshua asked me, making me look up at the lady.

Usually it's Mrs. Linda, but she took tonight off. Tonight it was a lady named Susanna.

"A strawberry milkshake and a plate of fries, please," I ordered my food.

"A cherry coke," Joshua told the waitress, keeping his eyes on me.

"Okay. It'll be out soon," she replied before walking away.

I played with the hems of his grey sweatshirt. It smelt like him, too. Mint and something else, but I can't put my finger on it.

My phone buzzed on the table, and before I could shut it off, Joshua grabbed it and answered it.

"Fuck off douchebag," he said before ending the call.

"Thank you," I mumbled as he put the phone back in its original place.

Joshua just shrugged, staying quiet. His eyes kept traveling to my face to his hands.

He probably thinks I look like a drowned raccoon since all of my makeup was smudged around my eyes from crying.

We stayed in silence until the waitress came back with our stuff. She left us alone once more, and I took a sip of my milkshake.

We were just here Monday after school, and he was texting Brooke the whole time.

What did I do wrong?

"Annie, whatever you are thinking, please let it go," Joshua told me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I cleared my throat,"I was just thinking about what my Mom made for dinner tonight."

Joshua gave me a really? look. "So you are smart but oblivious, and you are a terrible liar. Anything else I need to know?"

Instead of replying back, I pushed my whip cream on my milkshake down with my straw. Tears started building back up in my eyes, and I tried to blink them away.

"Talk to me, Annie. You look like you are about to start crying again. Tell me whatever is going on in that pretty mind."

He thinks my mind is pretty?

I shook the thought out of my mind, and I looked up at him.

"It's just that he was texting Brooke freaking Cameron while we sat here the other day."