Ch. 14 - Early Morning Calls

"EXCUSE ME, CHILD," a guy probably around my sister's age said, coming close to me

I took a step back away from the stranger. My parents taught me stranger danger, and I am not suppose to be talking to them. I glanced down at my blue tennis shoes before looking back at him.

"Are you related to Campbell West?" The guy asked me with a curious look on his face.

I took another step back, and he took one step closer to me. My heart started beating fast, and I didn't have a good feeling about this stranger.

He had this evil look on his face that I have seen from cartoon villains.

"You're her sister, right?" He asked, taking another step towards me.

"L-look," I stuttered before I hiccuped. That tends to happen whenever I have been crying. "mister, I don't know you, and my p-parents told me not to t-talk to strangers."

He gave me a grin,"Well, you see, Leah, I'm no stranger."

My eyes widen, and fear washed over my body. How did he know my name?

Before I could even speak or run, he quickly grabbed me. He put a hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream, and I started to thrash in his arms.

When we got close to his car, I took the opportunity, and I bit his hand right before I back kicked him in the knee. He yelped in pain, and I started to scream for help.

Nobody was on the street, and tears welled in my eyes. Nobody was going to help me.

And this all happened because I snuck out of my house while my parents were arguing.

The guy opened the trunk of his car, and he threw me in there. I landed with a thud, and I turned to face him. As soon as I did, he shut the trunk, locking me in.

"Help! Help!" I screamed over and over, hitting at the trunk lid.

"Leah! Leah! It's okay!" My Dad's voice exclaimed, making my eyes shoot wide open.

I looked around, anxiously, as my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode. Sweat dripped down my face, and panic flooded through my body.

My Dad was sitting on my bed with his hands on my arms. I guess he was shaking me, trying to get me to wake up. My Mom was standing right next to me, and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"W-what happened?" I asked as I took in deep breaths to calm myself.

"Sweetie, you were screaming and thrashing in your sleep," Dad answered, letting go of my arms.

"Is it the nightmares? Have they started back up?" Mom asked, worriedly, before grabbing ahold of my hand.

"No," I lied with a shake of my head. "It was just a bad dream about...killer clowns."