Ch. 34 - Prince Perry-Carter

MATURE CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE Leah and I rushed to Campbell's house

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE Leah and I rushed to Campbell's house. A lot of things happened, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Campbell lost her baby due to the stress of loosing her mother. To make matters worse, Campbell ended up hemorrhaging, and the doctors had to go in and fix her up. That means that Campbell and Brent won't be able to have another baby ever.

I talked to Brent everyday, checking in on him and Campbell. He's beyond devastated, but he's trying to keep it together for Campbell who has been not doing so well. I haven't been over there in person, but Leah told me that it was bad.

I know that Grace, Ross, Leah, and Campbell's brothers have been over there, trying to help out in any way they can.

Then Leah started therapy a week ago, and they prescribed her some medication. At first, they made her really drowsy and sleepy all day, but her body started getting used to them. Now, she is starting to sleep like a baby at night.

She hasn't told me much about the therapy sessions-she has two a week-other than they went fine. I don't want to pressure her into opening up. I'll wait patiently until she's ready to talk to me about it.

Lastly, my house has become a war zone. Whenever I'm in that house, I get yelled at, threatened, and shoved against things. Adeline called me a worthless piece of garbage that needed to go jump off a bridge somewhere. It was all because I was using the washing machine and dryer to wash my clothes.

Ever since I started dating Leah, they have gotten worse. Every little thing is an argument, and I have a bruise on my ribs from where Asher shoved me into the damn kitchen counter.

I was going to hit him back, but my father grabbed me and dragged me out of the room before I did. Then he gave me a whole lecture about how I needed to be the bigger person and stop acting like a child.

I argued with him of course, but he didn't listen to me. For the last two days, I have been staying with Xavier just so I don't have to be at that house.

Leah doesn't know about what's been going on, and I don't want to tell her. She's going through a lot right now, and I don't need to burden her with my personal stuff. It doesn't matter if I did anyways because it's not like there is anything to make it all better.

The only okay thing going on is that I haven't heard from Sebastian or Eliza. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I asked around, but it seems like they fell off the face of the planet.

"Sir, you can come on back," the lady said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nodded, and I followed behind her into the room filled with cats. I was at the local animal shelter, and I was on a mission to find a cat for Leah.

You might be asking why I'm the hell am I buying Leah a cat?

Well here's the answer; animals help people all the time with grief and with therapy. I was going to get her a puppy, but I knew that her Dad is allergic to dogs so a car is the next best thing.