Ch. 25 - Hurtful Words

"LEAH, VANESSA IS HERE!" my Dad called from downstairs

My eyes widen, and I took a deep breath to calm out my nerves. I needed to talk to Vanessa and get her side of the story.

I needed answers, and she was the only person who could give me them.

"Are you going to be okay?" Joshua asked me as he drew in his sketchbook.

It was later in the evening, and I asked Joshua to come over to my house. I needed moral support before and probably after I talk with Vanessa about her and Asher. He hasn't complained about being here especially since he didn't have to.

While we waited for Vanessa, he kept talking to me to keep my nerves down as he drew. It made me feel better, especially when we started to talk about him. Now he was sitting on my bed, and I shook my head.

"I don't know, probably not," I answered, honestly, as he stood up from my bed.

Joshua wrapped his arms around my waist, and he kissed me on my lips. It was a soft and light kiss.

"You got this. I believe in you, okay? Just stay calm and get your answers. If you need me at anytime, just send me a quick text and I'll be down there before you can blink."

I nodded,"Thank you for being here. It means a lot."

Joshua gave me a side smile,"Of course. Where else would I be?"

"I should get down there before she comes up here," I said before taking a deep breath in.

Joshua nodded as I let the breath out. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before turning away from him. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I saw her sitting on the couch, looking nervous like myself.

"Hey," she said once she saw me. She instantly stood up, worry overtook her features. "What's wrong? You said it was urgent. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is not really okay," I started, fidgeting with my fingers. "We need to talk Vanessa."

Vanessa's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Okay....about?"

"Asher."

All it took was that one word. All it took was his name, and I not only saw it, but I felt her guilt. It crashed into me like a train, and her eyes welled with tears.

"Leah, you have to let me explain please," she begged as I stood there stunned.

For some reason, there was this small part of me that thought Asher was just lying and none of it was true.

But now I realize it was the truth all along.

My best friend and my ex boyfriend actually lost their virginities to each other.

"Why?" I asked as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Why would you do that to me? Your best friend?"

"It was a mistake, I swear!" She exclaimed as she took a step forward.