Ch. 33 - Scares & Phone Calls

I WOKE UP WITH A SCARE

I WOKE UP WITH A SCARE. I looked around to see where I was at. I was in my bed in my room.

An arm held me around my upper body. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before turning around to seek comfort in Joshua's arms.

But it wasn't Joshua.

It was Jax.

He smirked, and I tried to scream, but nothing was coming out of my mouth. Then everything slipped away from me, and next thing I knew, I was trapped in that trunk again.

I pounded on the top, screaming for help. Tears rolled down my cheeks, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Leah! Leah!" A familiar voice yelled, making my eyes pop open.

Joshua was right in front of me, shaking me to wake up. Panic took over his features, and when he saw that I was awake, he looked relieved.

I placed a hand over my heart which felt like it was beating out of my chest. I had sweat all over me, and I couldn't stop my hands from shaking.

"You're okay. You're safe," Joshua said over and over to calm me down.

No I wasn't. He was here. Jax was here.

While he was doing that, my door busted open revealing my parents. Both of them looked worried, and they rushed to my side.

"Leah, sweetie, are you okay?" Dad asked as Mom was checking me for injuries.

"H-he was h-here," I stuttered in complete fear. My eyes kept darting around the room, waiting for him to pop out.

"Who?" Mom asked as she grabbed a hold of my hand.

"Jax," I replied as tears rolled down my cheeks. "I thought I w-was awake. I t-thought it was Joshua, but it wasn't."

"Calm down, baby," Joshua said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Everything is okay. Jax is away in prison. He isn't out. It was just a nightmare."

I nodded, leaning my body into his as my head rested on his chest. I saw my parents look at each other, and I already knew what they were thinking.

I was going back to therapy and going back to taking my medicine. But I didn't want to do it. I don't want to go talk to somebody who has no idea how bad my trauma was. They never been kidnapped or held at gun point. How would they know what I'm going through?

I shook my head,"No, no. No therapy. No medicine."

Dad's eyes soften,"Leah, you have to. You aren't doing well, and you need help."

"No!" I argued, clinging to Joshua as if he was my shield.

My parents started talking back and forth, and they kept telling me why therapy was the best option for me. I buried my face into Joshua, hoping they would go away.