Ch. 30 - Life Changing News

THE NEXT MORNING, I GROANED as the sun shone through Joshua's curtains

My eyes fluttered open, and I was met with Joshua's chest. His arms were wrapped around me, settling under my shirt, and his chin rested on my head. He was snoring softly, making me smile.

I snuggled into his chest, not wanting this moment to end. I stayed awake for a while, just admiring his beauty. His messy hair was just adding to his level of hotness along with his tattoos. After a while, he started to finally stir.
When he did, I looked up to see him smiling.

"Good morning," I said before kissing the corner of his mouth.

"Morning, beautiful," he replied before groaning in pain.

I looked down to see the left side of his ribs were bruised from yesterday.

"You need to go see a doctor," I said, making him shake his head.

"I'll be fine. They can't really do anything if it is broke anyways. It would just be a waste of my time and patience."

"Still you could be seriously hurt," I pushed the topic, uncertain about his decision.

Within a second, Joshua flipped us so he was hovering over top of me. His hands were on either side of my head, and he grinned down at me while I was still recovering from the whiplash.

"See, perfectly fine. If I wasn't fine then I couldn't do that," he replied, looking me up and down. His eyes lingered on my neck, and I realized why.

I bet I have hickeys just like he does on his neck.

"So are we going to stay here all day or are we going to go cook some breakfast? I'm starving."

"I wouldn't mind either staying right here," he replied with a smirk.

"I bet you wouldn't," I mumbled, making him raise an eyebrow.

"What was that?" He asked, making me shut up.

"What? Nothing," I quickly replied, caught red handed.

Joshua didn't believe me, and his hands started traveling down my sides. They went under my shirt to my sides, and that's when he started tickling me.

I busted out laughing, twisting and turning in his grip.

"Still a bad liar, Annie," he said through my bit of laughter.

"Okay! Okay!" I exclaimed through my laughs.

Joshua stopped tickling me, and I wiped my eyes.

"I said that I bet you wouldn't mind staying right here all day," I told him, running a hand through my messy hair.

Joshua leaned in so he was only a few inches away from me. His hands gripped my bare sides as his thumbs drew circles on my stomach, sending sparks all over my body.