Ch. 21 - Safe Haven

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET kidnapped by my fake boyfriend's street racing rival, but here I am

When I came to, the first thing I realized was that I was in a SUV. I was sitting in a seat, and I realized that I had no restraints on me.

There were two guys, sitting in front, and another guy almost half asleep sitting on my left. None of them have realized that I have woken up.

My anxiety was through the roof, but I needed to stay calm. I can't start panicking because if I do, I'll start having flashbacks and panic attacks.

"Dammit, Charles! You cheated!" The guy in the driver seat exclaimed to the other guy, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You snooze, you lose," the other guy, Charles, replied with a giddy grin.

"That's the third time in a row! You are cheating!"

"Freddie, you are just a sore loser."

Freddie gasped,"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

While they were arguing, loudly, I used this time to escape the car. I quickly opened the door, the idiots didn't even child lock the door, and I jumped out of the car. I had no idea where to go so as soon as my feet hit the ground, I took off running.

"Hey! Get back here!" Freddie yelled, chasing after me.

I continued to run, but I was so focused on them behind me that I wasn't paying attention to what was going on in front of me.

I ran straight into another person. The person didn't fall or stumble, instead, they grabbed my arm to keep me stabilized.

"Help me," I said before looking up to the person.

But my heart dropped down to my stomach when I saw Sebastian Brooks smirking down at me. His grip on my arm tightened, and I struggled against his grip.

He had two other guys with him, and Freddie and Charles finally caught up to us. They both were out of breath from chasing after me.

"Anyone care to tell me how our precious Leah escaped?" Sebastian asked, looking at the two idiots behind me. "And where is Harrison?"

"Sir...we...she," Freddie tried to explain but he was so out of breath.

"Sounds like your bodyguards need to get in better shape," I said as I continued to struggle against Sebastian's grip.

Don't show him fear. Don't show him fear.

Sebastian glanced down at me before glancing back at them.

"We didn't realize she was awake, sir," the guy that was sitting beside me explained as he came up to Sebastian.

He must have been behind Freddie and Charles when they chased after me.