"No. I won't. I gotta do some work. Will call you later. Bye Nannu."

"Bye Daksh." I smiled.

*****

After breakfast, I strolled to my room and pulled out the book from the shelf that I have been reading. I sat comfortably and took the page where I have kept the bookmark. I was about to read but my mood went off when I heard the phone ring.

"Who the hell is this?" I muttered seeing an unknown number. I picked it up.

"Hey bhabhi..."

"Rohit?"

"Yeah bhabhi. It's me..."

"No way! I didn't expect your call."

"I got your number from bhaiya's phone. I asked him but he didn't give me. So I tricked him."

"Okay... So what your brother told about you is correct."

"What did he tell?"

"That you're too much naughty." We laughed.

"Okay bhabhi. I called you to say that I am going to my college. My first internal is starting today. Please pray for me..."

"Sure Rohit. You will do well. I know you are good at what you do. So God bless you. All the best."

"Thank you so much bhabhi. I can't wait to see you scolding me like a mother and you are gonna be my partner in crime." I giggled and after saying goodbye we hung up the call.

His words kept on playing in my head. I think he misses his mother a lot. I felt happy that I will get a cute and childish devar.

*****

Pappa and Mummy called the pandit and checked my horoscope. Mahima aunty had passed us the information she got from their pandit regarding Harshad's horoscope. After going through mine, pandit declared that we are made for each other. When Mummy informed me, I scoffed mentally. They aren't aware of the dangerous condition that Harshad has chosen for the sake of their daughter.

Later that day Mahima aunty chatted with my parents and finalised the dates for pre-wedding functions and for the wedding. Mahima aunty convinced us to have a grand wedding because Harshad is the eldest son and my parents supported her 'cause I am the only daughter of the Khanna family. So I am gonna have a big fat wedding.

Harshad made a call to me to inform me about his arrival on the day before our engagement. Pappa texted him the address of the hotel near to us so that they don't have to travel long. Harshad booked rooms for his relatives and business partners who will be attending our wedding. But I know at the end it's gonna be too hectic.

Pappa is busy calling his relatives and friends and Mummy was busy selecting the dresses for the ceremonies. I have no interest to involve, so I was enjoying my loneliness in my world. My brothers met the wedding planner and had discussed with him about the arrangements. He said to make it perfect. One way or the other all were busy. I felt like time is going a little fast. But I was happy seeing the happy faces around me.

*****

The next day Daksh arrived. I didn't dare to face Chachu after that terrible incident. But when he saw me, he embraced me and mumbled that he had forgiven me and I should be happy. I felt guilty even though we had an emotional moment. Chachi too hugged me and blessed me. But a surprise was awaiting me, Alice.

She accompanied them and I tightly engulfed her. She too held me tightly and didn't say anything until we broke the hug. "I was sad that I will not be able to attend your wedding that day when we talked. But now I can enjoy myself with you."

I introduced her to my family and they all thanked her for helping in my tough days. "I will accept your thank you only if I get to eat Indian foods. Okay?" Mummy promised her to fulfil her wish.

After that, they all went to freshen up and Alice had a tour around my house. She couldn't stop admiring the interior design of our house. That day we spend the night looking through my albums and we slept in my room.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter? Those who are reading please comment.

☞Do you Nandita should feel relieved after knowing about Leonardo's disappearance?

☞Will he create any problems on her engagement day by his sudden entry?

☞Will he do anything to Harshad if he comes to know that he is marrying his amore?

Name: Alice BakerAge: 30 yearsProfession: Accounts ManagerFamily: UnknownCast: Nina Dobrev

Name: Alice Baker
Age: 30 years
Profession: Accounts Manager
Family: Unknown
Cast: Nina Dobrev