1

"This is freedom!" Y/n exclaimed, taking the last sip of her beer and crushing the can, Pope shooting nails into a plank of wood. John B was on the roof of the unbuilt house, balancing on one foot, also sipping on his beer.

"Ah yes, freedom." JJ grinned at Y/n, handing her his can of beer so she could have a sip. "Day drinking and surfing." He spoke as she sat down next to him, handing JJ his can back after taking a sip and rested her chin on the scaffolding, looking at the sun that looked like it was sinking into the ocean.

"That's a, what, 3 story fall to the deck?" Pope looked up at John B, afraid he might fall. "I give you about a 1 in 3 chance of survival." He guessed, squinting at John B as he shrugged.

"Hmm." John B furrowed his brows, briefly sucking on his finger. "Should I do it?" John B asked Pope, JJ and y/n turning their heads to look at him.

"Yeah, you should jump." Pope spoke enthusiastically. "I'll shoot you on the way down." He chuckled, pointing the nail gun at him.

"Yeah? You're gonna shoot me?" John B shut one eye and pointed a finger gun at Pope, JJ and y/n chuckling and pointing finger guns at each other, muttering 'pew pews.'

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie huffed, walking through the doorway and onto the deck, her hands falling at her sides. "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess." She muttered, observing her tipsy friends.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ sarcastically grinned, y/n scoffing at him and elbowing his elbow lightly. 

"Can you please not, I don't know, kill yourself?" Kie said, looking up at John B, who was wobbling on the edge of the roof.

"Don't spill that beer." JJ called out to John b and gulping down the last bit of his beer, setting it behind him. "I'm not giving you another one."

"Woah!" John B gasped, the can falling onto the deck. "Oh shit." He muttered, putting his hands up in defeat.

"Of course you did!" Y/n cackled, JJ shaking his head with a grin.

"Aye security is here!" Pope called out. "Lets wrap it up!" Pope scrambled to run, y/n groaning as JJ helped her up, both climbing down the scaffolding and running through the house laughing.

JJ stumbled as he ran into a security guard, but slipping out of his grip and mumbling a "not much of a hugger." before running out the house with the rest of his friends, jumping over the fence and hopping into John B's van. 

The security guard  was running along the side of the van, JJ holding out a beer from the side of the van and throwing it to him. JJ fell back into the van, the back of his head landing in y/n lap as the both laughed as they drove back to the Chateau.

Y/n ran her hands through JJ's hair, playing with the soft ends as he hummed, shutting his eyes. Y/n always had a thing for JJ and tried to hide it, although she had her suspicions that Kie knew. Y/n knew that JJ must not feel the same way, every kegger they had, she would wake up at John B's house with a chick sneaking out of the house and a smirk on JJ's lips as he watched. 

"Stop staring." JJ muttered at y/n, who furrowed her eyebrows, looking away from him and removing her hands from his hair.

"I'm not." Y/n mumbled, staring out the window instead as JJ let out a 'mhm'. "Aye, JB, we're ordering pizza tonight, my shout!" Y/n chuckled getting up from her spot and sitting closer to the front of the van, JJ letting out a mumble as his head thumped the floor of the van.

"Ugh, have I told you how much I love you?" John B chuckled, Pope fist bumping the air. "You're so lucky to have a kook family that hates you, but still gives you money to keep everything hush." John B mumbled and I hummed.

My father was Ward Cameron. I hated the man, and he hated me. Why? Because I hung out with pogues. Once, I didn't come home for 3 days because of my brother Rafe starting an argument over his boat, Ward abused me when I returned, but because I threatened him with the law, he decided to kick me out but keep my privileges to stay hush. 

Later that evening, we sat by the fire, munching on our pizzas, drinking, and telling stories. JJ was quiet that night, staring into the fire and taking sips of his beer and occasionally laughing at what someone said.