your eyes turned blurry as you ran over to bucky and chase. you tried to push chase away from bucky, just using all the brute force you could muster up, which was not enough. you were weak, tired, dehydrated, malnourished. you weren't in the best shape to get into a bar fight, even in a regular fight against chase.

"get- off- of him- god chase." you whipped your hands, trying to stop chase's fists, making contact with bucky's face. chase ignored your pleads and flung you off his body, making you fall on the hard floor, making you groan and ache.

bucky turned his head, seeing you hit the ground floor, clutching your body, visibly hurt.

bucky and chase might be fighting for the same reason, you, but there was a visible difference. even though bucky was mad and wanted to beat chase to a pole, he's fighting him because he loved you and wanted you to be safe. and chase was fighting bucky because he was angry at you and bucky. even if he still loved you, his anger flushed it all out.

and everyone knows love was stronger than hatred.

bucky mustered up all the love he had for you and landed a large punch right onto chase's jaw, launching him off his body, making him stumble back and fall to the cold floor leaving him to ache and bled from the mouth.

you blinked, trying to make your vision clear. you saw bucky, still on the ground, looking right at you. your instincts kicked in, and you ran up to bucky, battered on the floor as you left chase bleeding on the ground, leaving your past behind and going to your future, "buck- bucky, get up. come on, get up."

you grabbed him from his chest as he put most of his weight on you. bucky shook his head, slowing turning his view to you, and spoke only a few words, "come on, let's get you patched up."

—— ❦ ——

you winced in pain as bucky applied ice over your bruise. you and bucky sat in silence as you looked down at your feet. bucky held your hand, rubbing your thumbs as he kept lightly applying the ice. bucky bloody knuckles seeping red, aching with every movement but him not caring, only focusing on you and you only.

bucky looked deeply at you as you kept your head down and broke the silence, "i'm gonna get some aloe," he placed the makeshift ice bag on the bed and lifted your hand to his mouth, placing a kiss on it. bucky got up from his bed, heading past his bedroom door, looking back at you once more before disappearing from your view.

you finally lifted your head up, taking a deep breath as you looked at the wet spot on the bed growing from the icebag. taking a deep breath, you started to look around the place, scanning the bones of his room. you were already in this place once before, only leaving so quick before you even got there. you saw how plains his walls were, nothing bearing on them, just the plain deep green walls. you rubbed your bruise again as you looked at the drawers to see if he had anything displayed on them.

oddly, you couldn't see anything. nothing at all, nothing on the floor, nothing on the walls, nothing on display anymore. just that one bed and a couple drawers just hanging back. it was like bucky was about to dip about this town and not tell anyone, packed everything up except one thing in the middle of the room. you squinted your eyes to make context of the object from afar, but you were getting nowhere with that. you looked around the room to see if bucky was coming back.

once you were in the clear, you got up from his bed, picking the icebag from its wet spot, placing gently on your neck. as you walked over to the mystery article, seeing it all covered up in dust. you used your open hand and dusted the object, the dust filling your synapses up, making you cough in the process. the object turned out to be a frame, picking it up to your eye view.