Chapter 40

The timeline where Takemichi travels to, only to find Mikey to be the leader of Boten. This is what Takemichi told Draken and Kazutora and Baji heard it in the previous chapter.

TW: rape, suicide and death

"It's ok. You don't have to say anything. I understand. This future is different." Takemichi said, standing up.

"Because you protected everyone. Therefore, it's my turn to protect you." He turns around with a smile to face Mikey.

A gunshot could be heard as Takemichi stands dazed.

Mikey sits at his place with a gun pointed at Takemichi.

"Huh?" He whispers, staring down at his shoulder with a bullet embedded in it just as the pain travels to his brain.

"Arghhh!" Takemichi bends down as he clutches his shoulder in pain.

"What do you know huh?" A bullet was fired again as Takemichi cringes in pain.

"I find out my sisters and Izana are alive." A bullet was fired again.

"Then the next thing I know is Izana was killed with his head and a video clip delivered to me as my birthday present." Another bullet was fired.

"Do you know what was in the video clip? Takemichi?" Mikey asks the other male, his short and thin figure looming over Takemichi's bloody body on the dusty floor. Mikey could still remember the rotting smell of Izana's head and lifeless, dry orchid eyes staring back at him.

"It showed me a video of Emma and Maria being raped. Maria was raped by the guy who had gotten her into juvenile school years ago."

"Emma was shot to death and the tendons in Maria's ankles were sliced to prevent her from running." Mikey stares spitefully at the ceiling as his grip around his gun tightens.

"Emma and Izana were murdered. And Maria....." Mikey smiles as tears slipped out of his eyes.

"I remember the day when her body was found by the Haitani brothers.... Her thin body was covered up with their suits."

"She died in my arms you know?" Mikey mutters as he leaves Takemichi to die.

"I'm such a failure as a brother." Mikey whispered to himself as he stands at the rooftop, staring at the night lights in the city below.

"M-Mikey...." Maria mutters as her eyes fluttered open as he calls for her.

Ran placed her into his arms gently as he carries her bridal style.

"Don't worry. I'll bring you to a doctor now ok? Don't leave me." He says with a nervous smile on his face as Maria laughs weakly.

Her Achilles' tendon were sliced open and infected as he walks hastily to his car. Not wanting to make Maria more disrupted than she already is.

Her blank eyes stared back into his ones that were finally starting to brighten up with hope from seeing her.

She placed a hand on his face.

Stopping him.

He doesn't dare to look at her.

Her hand cradles his face gently as Ran and Rindo stand behind him, silent.

"I'm not going to make it."

"Shut up!" Mikey yells as this startled the two brothers behind him.

"I haven't seen you in so long. Don't say such things." Mikey's warm tears fall on his twin's face as she smiles softly.

"I thought you were dead. Now you're alive. Please... I'll take care of you. I won't let anything bad happen to you, ever again." His tears fall on her face as his leans down as their foreheads touched.