Chapter 16

Mikey's eyes were blank as he walks towards Kazutora's fallen figure on the ground. Kazutora looks back at Mikey with nervousness as he tries not to back down from Mikey.

"If all you can do is destroy the things I care about... Then I'll destroy you... right here and now." Mikey said as he gives a kick to his jaw as his body lays flat on the ground.

"If all you can do is destroy," Mikey said as he walks to Kazutoro's body on the ground and sat on his stomach with his fists raised above Kazutora's face.

"Then I'll destroy you, Kazutora." Mikey continued as the first punch came and Takemichi flinched at the hit.

"Mikey stop." Baji says from behind him, "Maria and I forgave him, so don't kill him." Baji says hesitantly, he knows no one but perhaps Maria can stop Mikey.

But Maria is unconscious, he still has to try and stop Mikey from going down the dark path.

"Huh? This guy killed my elder brother and tried killing you and Maria. So why should I..." Mikey punches Kazutora's face.

"Stop?" He says, giving another punch as Kazutora remembers who was the one who gave him the best treatment in his life.

It was Baji.

Baji had hugged him tight to his body, comforting him on that day after he killed Shinichiro.

"Don't say something so depressing... No matter what kind of hell awaits us... I'm with you till the end!" Baji says as Kazutora drops the crowbar which he had used to hit Shinichiro's head with to the ground.

Maria had talked to him in juvie. The two had been sent to the same school.

"You just wanted to make my brother happy. I don't blame you for killing my elder brother." Maria says with a pain filled smile as she hugs Kazutora and pats his back.

"I don't hate you for it." She says smiling at him as the two had gave one another company in their days of juvie.

I'm the one who took what's precious to myself... and tried to destroy it.

Kazutora thinks as his tears flowed out of his eyes and over his bruised face as he faces the onslaught of Mikey's punches.

"Maria and you forgave him. But I didn't." Mikey said even after he sees Kazutora's tears.

As Kazutora closes his eyes and prepares to die, Baji kicks Mikey off Kazutora.

Mikey looks at Baji with a look filled with anger just as he sees his twin walk up towards him. Why was there blood falling to the ground from her body?

Maria hecks out blood from her mouth as she smiles at Mikey. She walks shakily towards him just as he catches her at the last second.

"Brother... please forgive him... big bro wouldn't want you to be a killer... will he?" She whispers as Mikey's hands closed around her frail body.

She was so thin now, "he wouldn't you silly..." she smiles at him as she feels her throat hurt again as she whimpers.

"Maria!" Her brother calls to her as he lies her on the ground. Mikey finally checks and sees the stab wound on her back.

"Kazutora! He stabbed you?" Mikey asked as Maria shushed him by placing her finger onto his lips.

"...Manjiro... please... for..give him." She says as Mikey felt his emotions return to him and he panics. "I will! Just don't go!" Mikey holds her body in his hands as she makes a small laugh.

"Warm... like Baji." She says as she looks at Baji standing beside them. Her eyes were drooping as Baji curses.

"Fuck! When's the ambulance arriving?!" Baji feels his hands go shaky as he tries to hold back a unfamiliar feeling in his eyes.

He kneels to the ground as Mikey passes her body into Baji's hands as he stands up and walks towards Kazutora slowly.

Kazutora stands his ground as he awaits his punishment just as a small call gets Mikey's attention again.

"Mikey... this is yours." Maria calls out to him as Baji realizes what she was holding in her hands. It was Mikey's charm from when they formed Toman.

"Found it when you were leaving the house." Maria said as Mikey's eyes were filled with a swirl of emotions.

"Toman's founding members are my treasure , without you guys... my life will be boring. Beware of Kisaki" She said with a smile and whispers the last part as Mikey takes the charm from her as he holds it in his hands.

"Maria? Manchiro!" Baji calls out to her as her hand slumps as the Haitani brothers walked forwards.

"She isn't dead is she?" Rindo says with a irk sign as Ran bends down but Baji moves her body from him.

"I'm just gonna take her pulse." He said.

"No. I'll do it my-self." Baji says stubbornly. He doesn't know what he'll do if she dies. He won't be able to take it.

His fingers travelled to her nose as he was relieved she was still breathing.

"Still breathing." Baji heaved a sign of relief to Mikey as he felt a huge stone lifted off his shoulders.

"Wee-woo. Wee-woo.Wee-woo." The sounds of the police and ambulance arrived as the Haitani brothers heaved a sign of relief.

"Manjiro Sano." Mikey's head perks up as he hears his name being called as he looks at Ran.

"Wait bro. Not now." Rindo said as Ran looks at him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Let's go guys." Ran says to the other spectators.

"It's the cops." Rindo said.

"Okay! Break it up! Nice and easy!" One of the more popular spectators yell as everyone begins to run.

Kazutora's bell earring twinkles as his head shakes.

"I'll stay with Maria. You guys go on. It's my fault and I want to take responsibility." Kazutora said as Mikey makes his decision as he leaves with Maria's Bokken in his hands.

Baji lays Maria's unconscious body on the ground as he leaves with the rest of Toman.

"Mikey. I won't ask you to forgive me. I'll live my whole life with Shinichiro's death and the guilt of trying to kill Baji and Maria on my shoulders." Kazutora said as he bowed with Mikey's back to him.

Mikey stops for a moment before leaving with Toman.

Takemichi takes one final look at Kazutora as they all left the fighting scene.

TBC

Sheesh having to not kill Baji off was hard. I was actually going to kill him off ;).

Unfortunately I do realize I gotta be nice to ppl's hearts, that's why I never killed him off.

Was originally gonna kill Baji off and have Maria like some other guy instead. 😏😏😏
Y'all gonna know what those faces mean in future chapters :)