Chapter 29

Flashback: February 2003
"Meow." Baji turns around as he carries Maria on his back.

"Oh it's just a cat." Baji mutters as he ignores the black cat that had jumped out of its cardboard box and turns around as he proceeds to go to Maria's house.

They had just returned from helping Emma as she was bullied in school.

Chifuyu likes cats... Baji thinks as he walks but the cat follows him as it rubbed itself against his leg and he nearly kicks it but realizes it was the cat from just now.

He signs, "I've got no food for you. Run along now. Shoo." He said as he makes a kicking motion in the air at the cat for it to go away but it just stares at him with its yellow eyes and goes back to rubbing its body against his leg.

"Meow. Meow!" The cat meows louder as Maria stirs.

"What?" Maria mutters as Baji sweat drops at her as he lets her onto the ground and the cat rubs itself against her.

"Oh! A cat!" Maria squeals as she hugs the cat to herself and Baji huffs.

"You like cats?" He asked as she nods excitedly till he realizes there was a swell on her face from where the girl slapped her, one of the girls Maria had faced and bullied Emma had slapped her.

What happened to the dumb girl? Maria kicked her in the stomach. End of discussion. Everything ended there. No need for extensions.

"Maria let's go back to your house. Your face is swelling." Baji said as Maria holds the cat in her hands.

"Yeah!" Maria stands up as the cat meows softly and Baji looks at it intently.

"Are you keeping the cat?" Maria freezes in her tracks as she realizes her grandfather isn't fond of cats.

"I'll keep it in my house if you can't." Baji says as Maria looks at him hesitantly.

"Besides it doesn't looks like it has a owner. It has no collar." Baji says as Maria strokes the cat's head and it purrs softly.

She walks to him slowly and pecks his cheek as he blushed really hard.

The cat looked at them with its cute eyes as Maria chuckles at his red face.

"What should we name the cat?"

"Hmm? Perhaps Kuro?" Baji suggested as Maria made a weird face at him.

"You're naming the cat the color of its fur?"

"yeah"

"Baji you got no inspiration," Maria jokes with him.

"You got a better idea?"

"A-Ah no...." Maria mutters, she was bad at naming things, even Mikey is better than her at naming.

"Then just call it Kuro for now." He say as he walks her home while looking at the cat that played with his girlfriend in her arms. He looks at the cat a bit jealous but the cat meows at him cutely and he freezes.

He stills as he walks around and sees a guy and punches him.

"Baji?!" Maria yells at him as he runs back to her and pulls her along to her house as the guy was knocked out. Maria signs, it was part of his odd behavior.

Like how he lit someone's car on fire just because he was hungry, she just hopes this behavior of his doesn't get himself in trouble in the future.

"We're home!" Maria yells as she walks into the house. "There's no one home now." Maria mutters as she lets the cat down but it was aware of it's surroundings as it stuck close to her.

Baji scoops the cat into his arms as it tries striking the fish in the koi pond in Maria's backyard.

He strokes it head as it yawns cutely as Maria returns with his favorite noodles and gave it to him.

"I'll treat your face first." Baji said as Maria was confused.

"The girl slapped you so hard, your face is swelling." Baji said as he takes out antiseptic from the
medical kit to wipe her face as she wince at the slight pain.

Kuro rested in his lap as he bends down to peck her on the lips before pulling back, leaving her blushing as Baji just looks away with a blush and eats his noodles.

Kuro just looks at them as it tries playing with Baji's long hair as it jumps and fails.

Maria laughs as Baji gets a little annoyed at the jumping cat.

She lays her head in his lap as she hugs to cat to herself and slept.

Although the cat had done so much chaotic stuff like ripping out Baji's pillow or slicing through his precious ehem ehem adult magazines, he never once scolded or hit the cat. The cute face was simply irresistible.

That was how they got Kuro the black cat.

TBC