Chapter 22

"What the hell." Maria curses as she slams Baji down onto the ground as she stares him down with wide eyes, straddling him as he gazes back at her.

"Where did I do wrong? Baji? I know I'm not like normal gentle girls but what did I do? I'm not letting you leave till you give me a good reason." Maria murmurs as she struggles to hold back tears.

They were reunited after 2 years and now he wants a breakup. She doesn't know what she'll do if Baji actually leaves her.

"You did nothing wrong. It's me. I'm the one at fault here, you're a good girl, Maria." Baji said as Maria's hand tightened around his neck.

She doesn't want to let him go, "I helped Kazutora to steal the bike which got your brother killed. I don't think I can stay with you." Baji murmured as she releases her held breath.

"I thought I did something wrong you big idiot." Maria murmured as she lay her head against his chest.

"What?" Baji looks to his side as she snuggles against him.

"You're not leaving me." Maria said as her black eyes peered into his hazel ones as Baji sweat drops.

"If there's no other reason then I won't let you leave me." Maria mutters as she kisses him but pulls back immediately.

"Your breath stinks." Maria wrinkles her nose at him as Baji laughs awkwardly.

"I just had garlic bread." Baji ruffles his long hair as Maria pulls his head into her chest as Baji freezes.(Keisuke.exe has stopped working)

"What happened to you?" She asked him as his face was red.

Maria's chest was bigger after her juvie release so his head was in her chest now as she awkwardly pats his back but he still feels guilty about Shinichiro's death.

"I've forgiven Kazutora already so no need to keep thinking about my elder brother." Maria whispers as she wonders if Mikey and Draken are eavesdropping on them.

"But I don't think Kazutora is sane now. He still believes it's Mikey's fault he got sent to juvie." Maria says as Baji's eyes widen and he looks at her.

"Everthing will be dealt with in a year." Maria feels her eyes droop as she begins to feel fatigue while patting Baji's hair.

"So don't leave me yet? Will you?" She whispers just as she dozed off. Baji sweat dropped again as he pulls his head from her chest and sits up.

"You two can come back now." Baji said as Mikey opens the door.

His eyes were blank as he stares at his sleeping twin on the blanket from the kotatsu table as he slid his eyes back to Baji.

"She didn't want a breakup. I'm leaving now then." Baji said hesitantly as he walks quickly past Mikey and Draken.

"I'll welcome you into the family if you still want my sister." Mikey said as Baji stills in his footsteps, "I don't hate you for my brother's death." Mikey says with a smile as Draken remained serious.

"Yeah." Baji said as he bowed and left.

"I'm going home too." Draken said as he pats Mikey's head and left.

Mikey turned to his twin as he piggybacks her to her room. He brushed her hair from her face as he pats her head.

"I'll be the one to protect you now." He whispers to her as he places the blanket over her body and falls onto the bed beside her and napped just like the old times.

Except that Shinichiro was no longer there as he used to be their cuddle toy.

TBC

Me over there, watching episode 21. Having a breakdown. 🤧