Chapter 34

8 year old Maria/Manchiro POV

It was a Sunday.

Mikey had ran off to play with Baji. He didn't tell me where they went.

Emma has gone to the city with Grandpa in the morning. I was still asleep so I didn't join them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm alone now.

Shinichiro is in his room doing something. He said he has something to do and to not follow him today. Well whatever, I doubt following him would do me any harm.

I just had my early lunch and it's 11:30am. Meh, I'll follow my derpy brother.

I hid behind the wall as I see him leave the house. He was wearing a uniform.

A gang uniform?

He's part of a gang? I can't remember much from my previous life though....my memories are still somewhat foggy in certain areas.

Black Dragons? The name on the back of his uniform sounds familiar.

He took many routes and turns till he finally reached a abandoned looking building and entered.

I ran to the outside as I debated to go in.

This place looks too shady for me.

I'll just leave now.

"What the hell is a girl doing here?" A male voice said as I froze and looked back to see some tall and menacing guys standing around me as I tried making a break for escape only for one of them to catch me by the back of my shirt.

"Let me go!" I yell, trying to kick them but the guy had long hands.

"Do we let her go?" Guy 1 ask guy 2 as guy 3-7 think in the background.

"She could be a spy." Guy 2 says as I stop resisting, honestly! I'm a kid! How can I be a spy!

"She's snooping around our gang's main hideout. I suggest we take her to the boss." Another guy said as I feel a bit uneasy, not like the feeling of being scared of being beaten up.

But the feeling of getting caught of doing something I shouldn't be doing.

"Oh? She's gone still." Guy 4 says.

"Let's just take her to the boss." Guy 1 said who was holding me by my shirt.

He drags me like a rag doll past many guys and right to their boss who was surrounded by many members.

.................

"Boss, this girl was snooping around our entrance. What do we do about her?" Guy 1 ask the boss.

"H-Hi b-rother." I choke out as Shinichiro looks like he was going to screech at me.

"What?" The guy who was holding onto me ,let's me go as I fell to the ground but Shinichiro catches me.

Big mistake.

I clung onto him like a Koala as my hands wrapped around his neck tightly so he can't let me go.

"Manchiro! Let me go." He says as I shook my head.

"Nooooo, I missed you. Shini." I said clinging onto him tighter as he chokes at me squeezing the crap out of him.

"You said to hang out with me 2 weeks ago but you didn't." I pouted as the other guys sweat dropped but he remained serious.

"Maria, I'm going to have a serious meeting. I can't afford to talk to you any longer." He said as I released my tight hold on him as he lets me onto the ground.

I pouted but he pats my head as I stayed behind him for him to conduct the meeting.

I was in awe of how he led the meeting, he resembled a true leader as he made a fighting plan to go against a rival gang.

I can never be like him, but Mikey will be like him. I'm ashamed of myself. I wonder if I was a man, can I lead a gang? No I can't be too ambitious, not when my memories are still foggy.

Half an hour passed as the meeting was finished.

Shinichiro held my hand as we went to a dessert shop.

"You're not actually my sister are you?" He asked as I tried playing him off.

"Shinichiro are you too stressed from the meeting?" I asked him but he stops moving.

"My real sister died that day,didn't she?" He said staring at the sky before bending down to my eye level and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"Even if Manjiro doesn't know his own twin has died, I know, I brought her up after all. She loves thunderstorms you know." He said as I tensed, will he kick me out after knowing I'm not his sister?

"She's loves speaking a lot and smiles a lot. A immature and childish brat, but still cute. You... you're a lot more mature and silent....." he says as I couldn't say anything, I was too scared. I don't know what to say.

He pats my head. "I'll still treat you as my sister. No matter who you are, you're part of my family." He says as I start crying.

Passer-byes were gathering.

"Did that gang member make that girl cry?"

"Should we call the police?"

"Should I stop him?" More whispers gathered around as Shinichiro panics and goes back to his goofy self.

"Manchiro.. there there, your big brother is sorry." He coos as I don't stop crying but I hug him instead as he scoops me up and carries me home.

I watched as the people dispersed and I stopped crying. After I came into this child's body, my mind has somewhat mixed with the child's personality.

I cry more easily now.

Shinichiro pats my back softly and rubs my head gently.

"I died in my first life and when I woke up, I was in your sister's body after Manjiro pushed her into the table." I admit as Shinichiro stops moving.

I froze, I shouldn't have said that. Now he'll hate me and kick me out.

"Now I know. I've been suspicious of this for such a long time." He said as he smiled at me but still pats my head. "Thank you for telling me. Even if you're not my sister, I'll still treat you like one. Your heart did stop beating for a minute in the emergency room after all."

He knows I'm not his sister, but yet he still treats me like one. He was the brother I never had in my first life.

I don't deserve him.

"No matter who you are, you'll still be my sister. Manchiro Sano."

TBC

Boy, I love Shinichiro but I don't know how to avoid his death and that it's crucial to Mikey having his dark impulses.