Chapter 32

In one of the timelines where Mikey had killed Baji, and Maria and Baji's child didn't survive.

You know, that one chapter where she tells Takemichi about that safe code. LOL

TW: murder and swearing, lying included

Maria's POV

"How long have you kept this from me?" Baji asks me.

"Perhaps after I got stabbed by Kazutora." I said to him flatly while sitting in my favorite cocoon chair hanging from the ceiling of our penthouse.

I stared at the setting sun instead of looking at Baji as my hands cradle my round stomach gently, the pulsing life inside of me makes me crave for my favorite food as Baji struggles to not yell at me.

"It's not like it's that big of a deal anyway." I muttered as Baji finally snaps.

"Not big of a deal?! Our child won't have a mother!" Baji yells at me as I flinched and he immediately regrets yelling and kneels by my side, cradling my bare legs as I struggle to not cry.

"Why didn't you tell me back then that you were dying?" He croaks out as he places his head onto my knees.

When I came into this world, my body was already weak from Mikey pushing me into the table as my head had hit the side of the table .After that, Kazutora had poisoned then stabbed me. It made my health so weak the doctors said I have only 12 years left in this world.

Naturally I told them not to tell anyone.

"Because I didn't want you to not love me." I said , startling him as he stares at me bewildered.

"I didn't want you to not love me because I'm dying soon and you'll leave me for someone else." I finally admitted after such a long time.

"We have about 4 years left together." I whispered, it has been 8 years since the doctors have told me of my limited time in this world and a year since we got married.

"Maria, you're so fucking dumb. I'll always love you." He says as he lays his head against my neck as he cries, "you should have told me, then I'll would have left everything behind to spend more time with you. Not wait until the doctors have to tell me about this after the checkup of our child." He says as I wipe his tears away.

"Please promise me you'll take care of our child when I'm dead." I whispered as I cradled his head to my neck as he hugs me.

"I will." He promises.

2 months later, 3rd Person's POV

Maria was 5 months pregnant as Baji gets a threat with guns pointed at his head.

"Come on, let's date and have fun together, until your wife gives birth. Then I'll remove the bombs from your house." Komori Ume says as she holds a sharp bladed fan under Baji's chin as her men surrounded Baji's office. (Character shall be introduced later, self created, not related in anime)

"I will not cheat on my wife." Baji stated calmly as the brunette in his lap pouts. "I not only have bombs in your house. I have men watching all the time too, they could go have some fun with her now. If I die, the men will violate her then they'll set the bombs off." She says as Baji was finally cornered.

"I had the men watching you guys since half a year ago and you two didn't even know! Ahahaha!" She cackles maniacally as she cradled Baji's face.

"Such a handsome man, why should only she have you?" She says as her sharp red nails dug into Baji's face and she stares at him crazily.

"Now then... tell your wife you won't be going home tonight...."

2 months later,

Baji was summoned to one of Boten's hideout as he looked about weirdly. He wondered why Mikey had summoned him here just as he was knocked to the ground unconscious.