"For being born." She informed the boys. After that, she took off to catch up with Clarke, who was, of course, ahead of us.

"That is so not game." Monty said out loud.

"Sorry for bringing it up." Jasper apologized, coming up to me.

"It's okay. I've come to terms with that having a brother is never gonna be normal." I gave him a sad smile.

The four of us quickly caught up to Clarke and Octavia, who were both crouched down staring at something. The rest of us mirrored their position and crouched next to them.

Clarke looked to Finn before pointing at a deer in the middle of a clearing. "No animals, huh?" Finn teased her.

Wanting to get closer, Finn stepped forward when he accidentally stepped on a twig causing the deer to look over in our direction. What I saw when the deer turned towards us frighted me. Instead of the deer having one head like normal, it had two mutated-together heads. Everyone jumped back and gasped at the horrifying sight.

"Woah."

❣︎

We'd been walking for what felt like forever. We were currently making our way down a hill when Finn spoke. "You know what I'd like to know?"

"Not really, but go on." I told him with a smirk on my face.

He just laughed at what I said and continued. "Why send us down today? After ninety-seven years. What changed?"

"Who cares? I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest." She said as she spun around a tree, trying to get Finn's attention, but to no avail, she didn't get it.

"Maybe they found something on a satellite." Monty theorized. "You know, like an old weather satellite or—"

"I wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying." Clarke interrupted, causing us all to stop in our tracks at the newfound information as Clarke just passed right by us. "With the current population there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone."

Now a theory popped into my head "Wait. It's the o2 scrubbers, right? They're slowing down, aren't they?"

"That would make sense, after as long as they been running they must be getting old." Monty agreed.

"So that was the secret they locked you up to keep? Why they kept you in solitary and floated your old man?" Finn questioned Clarke.

"My Father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The council disagreed, my Mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic." Clarke explained. "We were gonna go public anyway when Wells..."

"What? Turned in your dad?" Monty assumed.

Clarke didn't answer his question she just continued. "Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die at least they bought themselves some more time."

"Wait, are they gonna kill more people?" Clarke didn't answer my question either; she just continued to walk.

"Good. After what they did to me, I say float them all." Octavia sounded genuinely happy when she said that, and she just continued walking as well.